Big Sale!

Mi Chica

Anyone in the Nanaimo area with surplus fishing or boating 'stuff' this is you chance to do something worthwhile with it. The Harbour Chandler will host a garage sale on the 25th with all proceeds to the ridiculously underfunded Nanaimo River Hatchery. You can drop off your gear donations at the hatchery, with Dane at the Chandler, or contact clydewicks@telus.net or drop your donations off at my shop (Value Wise Optical, E-5107 Somerset Drive 250-756-3035)this week and I will ensure it gets to the Chandler. Dig deep, this is a great cause and a chance to make a difference.[8D]

Too much water, too little time

Hats off rob. I have a bunch of stuff but not on the island till after the sale. Best of luck and if you guys find it a success and do it again ill have it.

quote:Originally posted by Mi Chica

Anyone in the Nanaimo area with surplus fishing or boating 'stuff' this is you chance to do something worthwhile with it. The Harbour Chandler will host a garage sale on the 25th with all proceeds to the ridiculously underfunded Nanaimo River Hatchery. You can drop off your gear donations at the hatchery, with Dane at the Chandler, or contact clydewicks@telus.net or drop your donations off at my shop (Value Wise Optical, E-5107 Somerset Drive 250-756-3035)this week and I will ensure it gets to the Chandler. Dig deep, this is a great cause and a chance to make a difference.[8D]

I took a couple of things down to Harbour Chandler today and was advised that they didn't have a place for them and to bring them back on the day of the sale.

The countdown has begun – a couple more days then the sale! Remember Sat the 25th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Harbour Chandler. There will be an incredible array of gear available. A tiny sampling will include tons of rods, reels, spoons, flashers, flies, hootchies, squirts, jigs, landing nets, and sounders. Some new, some used. There will also be props, gas tanks, anchors, miscellaneous boat parts, and probably a few kickers. Every penny raised goes straight to the Nanaimo River Hatchery, so everybody jump on this and lets make a difference while we pick up some bargains.

If a guy was to walk on the Ferry coming into Departure....how far is the "Harbour Chandler" from the ferry terminal?

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

Just drop some stuff off with UNKNOWN for the sale-Hope they do well
& raise some good money [:p]

I just looked in my toy shed around lunch time and found a tandem trailer fender brand new in the wrapper, a windshield wiper kit brand new in the package, a good gaff, a couple of Gibbs 12 lb. pancakes, and some tackle. I took it all down this afternoon.

Hope you guys leave me some good stuff;) as I won't make it there until after lunch:).

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

The guy I am buying my boat off of is delivering it tomorrow (friday) at 9am.....I bought my big butt tackle box and will be looking to fill my new box and boat with goodies on Saturday.....

What happens if what ever you donate does not sell? Does it go to the best offer on the last day or the last couple of hours? or is it held onto till the next sale? or does it go back to the owner? I just want to know if I go down south for this sale that every thing will be sold to help raise the money needed.

???

I would like to see them sell it all..But I hope they have no plans on holding out on items for better $$$ or it would not worth the time. You know what I mean? I would just hope at the end of the day everything is sold no matter at what price to raise money for the cause.

Being that it is donated:) It's all a great cause. I only hope for the best for everyone that comes to the sale and so on.

As Unknown has said, everything is priced to sell quickly. That being said, what isn't sold goes to the Hatchery and will be offered next at their open house in October. There will be no holding on for big bucks - just sold quickly to benefit the Hatchery. The selection is truly amazing and I know that everyone will like the pricing. This is truly a chance to make a difference and get some great gear for cheap. Bring your cash and have some fun!!!

Damn!!

Just saw this on the post! Too late to donate from CR and I have to work Saturday! Wish the fundraiser all the best though.

Does anyone know if there's anything like this planned closer to CR with a bit longer notice? Would love to help out:D

Extinction is Forever

What a terrific day! As has already been reported we raised over $5500.00 for the Hatchery! I am astounded at the generosity shown by the donors. Folks like RVP, Copper Moon, Hot Rods, Sculpin, A-1, Henry Bob, Stones Marina, Pacific Net and Twine, etc. provided so much good stuff that we stuffed four and a half pick-ups to get it to the Chandler. It was neat to see line ups waiting for the gates to open. It was fun to work(?) helping out and the generosity and spirit of the purchasers was terrific. Harbour Chandler provided a great venue and Midland Tools promoted the event on their big sign
I am sure that this will be a regular event so start going through your gear and setting aside surplus stuff for the next one.
I personally hope that in the future the idea can be expanded to help other worthwhile Island projects as it is sadly obvious that fish and their habitat are not a priority of our governments. So when stuck with lemons, we are now making lemonade :D and it feels good to join with others to make a difference.

Back