Best Garage Sale Find

B

babine

What is your best fishing item you ever found at a garage sale? For me, I got two salmon rods for 5$.[8D] It was kinda funny because the woman who sold them to me said "take these before my husband sees them" haha. I looked up the price of them and each were well over a $100. I belive they are called the "Terminator" and "Black Widow".

14' Starcraft aluminum boat, Easy-loader trailer and 30hp Evinrude.
guy was asking $1000, but the motor would'nt start, so I offered him $600 and he took it.
I had the motor running in less than an hour, turned around and sold the motor for $900, so now I'm up $300 and I have a great little boat and trailer.
- This of course does in no way make up for the many times I've taken it in the ear and lost $$ on various deals. [:I]

quote:Originally posted by Cedarstrip

14' Starcraft aluminum boat, Easy-loader trailer and 30hp Evinrude.
guy was asking $1000, but the motor would'nt start, so I offered him $600 and he took it.
I had the motor running in less than an hour, turned around and sold the motor for $900, so now I'm up $300 and I have a great little boat and trailer.
- This of course does in no way make up for the many times I've taken it in the ear and lost $$ on various deals. [:I]

Nice.[8D]

4 Shimano m ones loaded with 25lb, 3 10.5 ft mooching rods(shimano), big tacklebox with lots of hootchies, spoons, and 11 flashers, all for $60.

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Kinda like cedar strip. 17ft k/c & trailer. 120hp evenrude(blown up) Package for $500. Didn't need the boat or trailer. Sold for $1300. Rebuilt the 120hp myself, part cost $400 machining one cylinder $50.So I ended up with a free 120 evenrude for my other boat that was underpowered and $350 for my time and effert. VERY NICE :D

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Just picked up a 2 yo Lowrance H2O C GPS for a back up on the boat. Got the GPS, a RAM mount, two new batteries and a lockable hard case for $100. Also came with the manual and cigarette charger. Was used for approx 2 hours and then put away. It pays to stop and look....

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Just picked up a 2 yo Lowrance H2O C GPS for a back up on the boat. Got the GPS, a RAM mount, two new batteries and a lockable hard case for $100. Also came with the manual and cigarette charger. Was used for approx 2 hours and then put away. It pays to stop and look....

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

A tackle box full of old plugs including 4 brand new in box authentic shovelnose Lucky Louies for $35. Sold them on Ebay with the highest plug going for $200. A guide from Campbell River bought them.

A tackle box full of old plugs including 4 brand new in box authentic shovelnose Lucky Louies for $35. Sold them on Ebay with the highest plug going for $200. A guide from Campbell River bought them.

I had a verbal agreement with some guy at a garage sale on a box of Hardy reels for 100 bucks. I told him I would go to the bank and get the dough, "back in a few minutes", I said. He put the box of reels under that table in reserve for me while I fetched the money.

While I was gone, his wife found the box and thought WTF? put the box back on the table for sale. When I got back, it was gone. [xx(][V] All but one that is that was not in that box, and he felt so bad he gave it to me for free. A Hardy Longstone. Not the big score but better than a kick in the butt. [^]

I had a verbal agreement with some guy at a garage sale on a box of Hardy reels for 100 bucks. I told him I would go to the bank and get the dough, "back in a few minutes", I said. He put the box of reels under that table in reserve for me while I fetched the money.

While I was gone, his wife found the box and thought WTF? put the box back on the table for sale. When I got back, it was gone. [xx(][V] All but one that is that was not in that box, and he felt so bad he gave it to me for free. A Hardy Longstone. Not the big score but better than a kick in the butt. [^]

I went to a big neighbourhood garage sale on Saturday. I got a pretty nice "Olympic" 3 section Bamboo flyrod with 2 tips for $20. My research shows it a post WW2 Japanese rod not worth much, but with one new guide it will be fun to try. Next I got a hardly used Abu 6500 for $35.00. If you don't count the manure fork I got for a quarter, the best score was a nice Hardy "St. Aiden" fly reel for $20.00. Oh and an egg box of decent ProV1's for $3.00. Shot 79 with one of them.

Gas powered lawnmower $8 brand new. The guys wife said he kept telling her the lawn wasn't cut because his mower was broken, so she kept buying him new mowers. LOL. They had 4 or 5 and had been using a lawn service for a year before they decided to sell their inventory. I have used it for 14years with the same sparkplus and it usually starts on the first pull.
I was happy with the marine garage sale this year. $200 got me a Berkely mooching rod, TPO Pacific aluminum mooching reel, Penn longbeach hali reel, neoprene Bodyglove life jacket, a long boat brush, a stack of glow flashers, a handfull of new glow/green splatter hali hoochies, and a beat up old paintball gun for my son to play with. I would have grabbed some new rigger balls , but we were loaded down. Next year I am taking a duffel bag or something to carry the booty.

Back