Bamfield

I'm going out to the Beam 8th to the 13th I'll leave some for you.Hopefully the fishing is good,if not hope they have lots of beers at the store.DAN

PB- I'm next to mills landing, will be running round in a 17' centercon lifetimer.

Any recent reports?????

Just returned from 5 days at Bamfield. Fishing spotty, 7 fish in 5 days, largest 29#. Lots of boats on the weekend, other boats same results, did not fish the offshore banks. Had my prawn trap cut off near Dixon....thanks

THE BIG push of fish is over just hit and miss as the last spring's pulse through~~~ with HOES hell bent to run the river as Quickly as possible !! Report on Friday PM or Sat AM:D Stay tuned just the facts[:I]

We fished the Wall, Beale, Swale, Kirby, Pill, Diplock,Sanford Whittlestone,not a lot of action , had to work real hard to get fish, Seiners, were rolling out their nets in Alberni Inlet as we left on Tues.......

Just got back from the sound, unbelievable sunny weather and very little wind. All 3 of us now look like racoons. Fishing was not hot but managed 36,33,22,15,13,12 lb springs, 8 lb coho and 16 and 40 lb Hali's and an assortment of other bottom fish.

Just got back last night from Bamfield. It's very, very slow on the inside. Very few springs on the inside and looks like they are long gone. Not much in the way of Coho inside either. Those that are going out to the banks are pulling some Coho and halibut. We went to the chicken ranch one day and got our limits of nice big hatchery coho and a few hali's. As of the time we left nothing at 5, 7, 10 or 12 mile.

The day we went to the chicken ranch there were 6 of the Princess puker boats there. We watched them bring in coho after coho. Didn't see them releasing any. Interesting how they have those special jigs that only catch the hatchery fish!!

Hey Nerka

There was no real one spot, 36# came from Whittlestone (lost another 30 plus at the boat as well), 33,22,13 and 2 hali's from 7 mile off Bamfield, the rest were caught trolling between the Turtles Head and Cree Island. Good luck!!

Has anybody stayed at the Bamfield Trails Motel this year? Walked by it last week and it looks very run down on the outside. Also heard that the pub was open sometimes and other times closed. Are the rooms run down as well or is it OK?

If it is possible to contract AIDS through a hotel room, it may be there.

Wife and I had the misfortune of having to stay there in July of this year. Got one of the "nice" rooms with kitchenette/ect. Had to stay there because they took dogs and Seabeam was booked for the first two nights we'd be out there.

Our room had an adjoining room which would generally not be accesible unless we had a key. Of course, it was easily accessible because of the BOOT HOLE kicked through it.

Nice.

So yeah, don't do it. Let your nads hang in some sand fleas or something. At least it will be free.

Nice knockers on the chick up front though. Looks friendly...

Just got back from 4 days at Bamfield,slow but steady fished the wall,wittlestone,folger, fleming, harbour entrance and pill.Largest spring about 25 lbs,largest coho 16 lbs,all in the inside.Total of 7 fish,lost at least that many at the boat,need a 20 foot handle on the net,very,very soft bites.Make sure your hooks are razor sharp. Paul I left an apple pie there for you unless Brad chowed it down.DAN

Osama
Thats one of the best hotel reviews ever.

You made me think a good post would be pix of fishin chix with nockers

Back