Baitrixx "Herring" Strip

adrianna3

Has anyone found a store that's carrying the new Baitrixx Herring Strip yet? I have been unsuccessful so far. Any info would be apreciated. Victoria to Nanaimo.

Dave

Capital Iron in Victoria, All I saw was the rigged up ones. They seem pricy at around $10.00 each.

Has anyone yet to fish these off against the "real" thing?

Ya i fished real home cut strip and the fake stuff at the same time last week the real worked better but not by much.
Nothing will work better thanthe real thing but it's nice to know there's a close second.
Forgot to mention that day i started with real strip on one rod and a hootchie on the other the strip was fireing and i went through 4or 5 hootchies and nothing put the fake one out and it started going as well.

give Gord a call , he would be pleased to order you what ever you need COWICHAN FLY AND TACKLE ---1-250-749-4964 [^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

I will do that Dave , he is going great , his oldest boy is now into lacrosse ! ! ! ! , just a tune up for trying out for the AAA Rep team next year :) , time sure flies eh ?

Cheers

AL

I started fishing them last year and there was another thread on it where someone ? I forget who ; came up with a great idea which I followed and that is cutting a pocket behind the gill area and stuffing cotton wool into it then inject anchovy oil into it to allow a scent to remain with the bait for a longer period of time than just rubbing it on.
I did that and found the baitrix did quite well on the salmon of any specie , I also found that the blue/black one with the silver sparkle in it outfished the other ones in late summer early fall.
I rigged them as I would real bait and with a trailer 3/0 treble , interestingly I found that the extra weight associated with the rubberized bait meant a shortening of the leader line of between 6 to 9 ins. to get the roll and dance behind the flasher to hit that magic mark.
Any help Slabby 20 and the Fishin' Magician ?

Cheers

AL

quote:Originally posted by alley cat

I started fishing them last year and there was another thread on it where someone ? I forget who ; came up with a great idea which I followed and that is cutting a pocket behind the gill area and stuffing cotton wool into it then inject anchovy oil into it to allow a scent to remain with the bait for a longer period of time than just rubbing it on.
I did that and found the baitrix did quite well on the salmon of any specie , I also found that the blue/black one with the silver sparkle in it outfished the other ones in late summer early fall.
I rigged them as I would real bait and with a trailer 3/0 treble , interestingly I found that the extra weight associated with the rubberized bait meant a shortening of the leader line of between 6 to 9 ins. to get the roll and dance behind the flasher to hit that magic mark.
Any help Slabby 20 and the Fishin' Magician ?
Cheers

AL

Yes...helpful thanks. I was given a package from one of my local favorite stores since I was so skeptical he decided he'd throw one in. So..with that in mind, I'm going to fish these off against Spoons on the other side...2 Baitrix vs. 2 Coyote Spoons...for kicks---this afternoon. Will report back.

Just got my sample's-I'll give them a try but still think it's pretty hard to beat the real thing-Good Bait[:p]

Back