Area 14 SFAC Meeting on November 15, 2012 - 7PM

GLG

- NOTICE OF MEETING -
AREA 14 Sports Fish Advisory Committee Information Meeting

WHEN? November 15, 2012 - 7 PM
WHERE? Courtenay Fish and Game Clubhouse—Comox Lake
Directions http://www.courtenayfishandgame.org/

WHAT? Issues concerning recreational fishing and fishermen in Area 14, Parksville to Oyster River, Vancouver Island.
Public discussion on “"SFAB Halibut Management Considerations 2013"

Come and meet the volunteers that are working for your benefit to maintain high quality angling opportunities in this area and all over BC.
Reports presented local salmon, groundfish, shellfish, herring and C&P by DFO and Committee members.

Have a quick read from the link below to find out what this is all about.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/consultation/fisheries-peche/smon/sfab-ccps/reg-torman-eng.htm

GLG

Thank you for giving us notice in advance of this meeting at a time hopfully we can all attend.

Can I please ask that all meeting be posted in advance no matter when they are held?

Thank You....Nothing Personal

Thanks for posting Gil. Really encourage folks to read the terms of reference - see the link Gil provided.

Awesome stuff Gil. Good that you posted the link to the SFAC terms of reference as well. Keep up the good work :).

Cheers,
Sculpin

Thank you for giving us notice in advance of this meeting at a time hopfully we can all attend.

Can I please ask that all meeting be posted in advance no matter when they are held?

Thank You....Nothing Personal
Will try my best...
(bump)

Just got this from the local F and G in an email.

Nice work. Really looks like area 14 is trying to really get people out to this one.

PUBLIC MEETING

On Thursday, Nov. 15th , 7PM, our club will be hosting a public meeting of the Area 14 (Oyster River to Parksville ) Sport Fish Advisory Committee SFAC). The purpose of the meeting is to inform anglers in Area 14 of developments and issues from 2012 and into 2013 that will affect their participation in recreational angling. The meeting is also being held to get feedback from anglers on issues that directly affect them.

The agenda will include updates from our local hatcheries……….Puntledge, Little River, Oyster River, Trent, and the Qualicums.
Short presentations will be given by our local Fisheries Officers on enforcement issues that affect our salmon. The Sport Fish Advisory Board Groundfish Chairman will give an update on crabs, prawns, lingcod, rockfish and halibut.
A significant portion of the meeting will be devoted to the on-going halibut debate and the effect of the last years restrictive possession regulations on recreational anglers.
This meeting will provide an opportunity for YOU to let DFO know what you think of how halibut are being managed…. But just as important, it will provide YOU the chance to voice alternatives for management of this fishery.
Anglers all across BC are being asked to voice their opinion in similar meetings… lets make sure our club is well represented.
Call Bryan Allen for more information if needed (250) 33x-xx91

Whats that phone number I can't seem to read it.... :)

I think I am banned from the F&G as I have not got an email in almost or over a year.

Thanks for the update Lorne... Should we bring you a cake :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey that was the number to the JumpJack Pub on Davie St. in Vancouver that is gross....I just called.. Why would you know the number to a place like that Lorne. Is that not a GAY bar?

Gil do you have any pull with getting the bar open? Halibut and hard liquor seem like a good mix.

Lorne

No I have zero pull....LOL
(Shameless Bump..)

Back