Any Experience with Cheewat and Weeks Lks?

I have personally fished cheewhat on many occasions. The access is hike in only and that is if you know where the trail is. I am not one for giving up all of my info so I will leave you to find it yourself.
The lake has runs of all five species of salmon, both summer and winter(small returns)steelhead, and sea-run cutts. Like I say the access can be very difficult to come across. You will definately need the tubes. It is also very suseptable to high winds that blow in from the west side of the island. Makes for a hell of kick to reach to other end.
Best time of year seems to be mid march till early may. Leaches down deep. The water stays fairly warm..Good luck-the dirtdog<")))><

Hey Dirtdog67

My buddy and I managed to find Cheewat Sunday; what a beautiful little lake. The hike down carrying the canoe was brutal ... not as hard as carrying it back up of course.

The lake was like a big piece of glass the whole day. Good thing we had much to look at because we caught nada all day. Just trolled like idiots all around the lake. I used brown/black leeches and 2" willows while my buddy alternated between a little Apex and fake salmon eggs.

Whats the deal with all the bubbles coming up at the reedbed end of the lake (West end I think)? It looks almost the same as you get when carp are feeding/dredging on the bottom and releasing bubbles trapped in the vegitation. Are there carp in this lake?

I tried emailing you but it didn't work.

Cheers,
Alex

Hey Dirtdog67

My buddy and I managed to find Cheewat Sunday; what a beautiful little lake. The hike down carrying the canoe was brutal ... not as hard as carrying it back up of course.

The lake was like a big piece of glass the whole day. Good thing we had much to look at because we caught nada all day. Just trolled like idiots all around the lake. I used brown/black leeches and 2" willows while my buddy alternated between a little Apex and fake salmon eggs.

Whats the deal with all the bubbles coming up at the reedbed end of the lake (West end I think)? It looks almost the same as you get when carp are feeding/dredging on the bottom and releasing bubbles trapped in the vegitation. Are there carp in this lake?

Cheers,
Alex

Hey Dirtdog67

Cheers,
Alex

Hey Dirtdog67

Cheers,
Alex

Back