Any Cowichan River reports??

D

darmin

Dont have a drift boat but wanna try the Cowichan has it been any good down low (Highway bridge) can anyone tell me where i can access down there

TRY YOUR LUCK AT THE SILVER-BRIDGE NORTH/EAST SIDE OF THE BRIDGE THERE'S A DESCENT RUN START THERE AND WALK DOWN RIVER, GOOD WATER(1.25 M)HIGH SHOULD BE AWESOME NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS..CHEERS[8D]

so i went and gave the Cowhichan a try below the bridge no fish, what i did see turned me off the garbage in that river is unbelievable you name it its in there i talked to a fellow on the trail and he said its been getting worse the last few years since a certain group of people were looking after the river well if they keep that up it wont belong before its a dead river

its funny how the sections up river are well maintained and spotless - those old guys at the rod and gun club work really hard to keep that trail in good shape. I saw a guy who must have been 60+ clearing fallen logs from the trail all by himself.

Down river it looks like crap - I think the stewards of the land are not holding up their end. No respect for the resource.[B)]

I agree with you there Poppa the upper river is beautiful and the trail system is awesome.River hunter were trying to keep this thread politically correct:D

I especially like the riverside dump on the south side a km below Silver Bridge, it really adds to the natural beauty... I guess we can't blame all the garbage on the tubers.

I actually emailed the M.O.E asked him to take a walk along the river down there no reply yet also ask him why the east coast island rivers are being forgotten I dont know I just feel I want more bang for my buck(LICENSE FEES)

Back