Alpine Lakes

F

fash

Last year i fished Lake hellen Mackenzie and battleship by mt washington i saw tons of fish jumping and swimming around my bait but couldn't get tham to bite.it was mid august at the time. I'm planning on doing a fair deal of fishing in the stratacona park area this summer and was woundering if any of you have tips for what to use in high elevation lakes.ps i don't think it would have been the line thickness because i was only using 5 pound

Hey Fash, not to sure how to answer your question. What were you using for bait, what type of gear ect. Usually at that time of year the water is at it's warmest(even at high ele.). Most fish will be homing in on insects that are still hatching. Have a look around to tube to see what is coming off. Another thing to try if bait fishing is your gear on the bottom of a drop off. Hope it helps-dirty

Hey Fash, not to sure how to answer your question. What were you using for bait, what type of gear ect. Usually at that time of year the water is at it's warmest(even at high ele.). Most fish will be homing in on insects that are still hatching. Have a look around to tube to see what is coming off. Another thing to try if bait fishing is your gear on the bottom of a drop off. Hope it helps-dirty

i tried some small spinners of different colors and tried some power bait. i'm gunna try fly fishing next time

i tried some small spinners of different colors and tried some power bait. i'm gunna try fly fishing next time

Ya i guess maybe just plunkin a worm off the bottom or a cronimed or something

Ya i guess maybe just plunkin a worm off the bottom or a cronimed or something

Hey Fash, ya there are times for certain things. If you do fish the p.b. try it on the bottom.. As for the flyfishing go with a damsel or a dragon emergence.. Might help-dirty
As for C.C., chronomid is spelled like this.. Keep at er', you'll get it.

Hey Fash, ya there are times for certain things. If you do fish the p.b. try it on the bottom.. As for the flyfishing go with a damsel or a dragon emergence.. Might help-dirty
As for C.C., chronomid is spelled like this.. Keep at er', you'll get it.

Back