ah fishin we will go

So is there anybody fishing nanaimo tommorow,i'm going to give it a go I'll be fishing the brickyard probably if there's anybody going tomorrow I'll be on channel 10 boat name "paige too" I'll give you an update as to how it's going I'm thinking of dropping the prawn traps as well hope to see ya out there. Cheers m.t.

Providing the winds don't come up I plan on fishing tomorrow either the Narrows/Booth Bay on the ebb tide or Porlier..................
Will try a call on the radio but I think the distance is too great from here M.T.

AL

Hey MT,
I plan on heading out if the wind cooperates. Not sure where but sounds like we have a similar game plan. I usually monitor 16...boat goes by Bite Me.

hey rather'I'll monitor channel 16 to then I'll give you a call I'll be launching at brechin at about 7:O0 am . see ya there.;)

Hopefully you guys will do great. Weather doesn't look too great at this time so I may just watch.... But you never know. If it looks flat at dawn's early light and the wind readings are down, I may not be able to resist the urge to join you. I generally monitor 16 on this side. If nothing else, it is entertaining at times. MT, it looked pretty bouncy out there last weekend if that was you I saw. I think you said you were a Striper, right?? Me too, but I'm blue and got a hard head. Anyway, good luck.

Cool out there today , boat ran well all the goodies worked and got some decent crab , no fish though but nice to out again.

AL

was out today for the start of the ebb at the hump to lighthouse tac. One of my scotty's decided to not work, good thing I checked it before lettin 200 feet of cable out[:p]! Turned out to be a faulty switch, I went to tyee marine and they gave me a new one no questions asked! Ill go back out tomorrow, maybe take the family to middlenach... suppose to be a really nicew day. I may even install the switch and drag around some gear! Anyone have anything to report from the campbell river area?

P1010253.jpg

14 lbs white spring
thrasher, 120 feet, spackleback hootchie

Well yesterday,No fish trolled hardware around for 4 hrs.not much on the sounder around the brickyard.Came in with 400 prawns though "big ones too."I'll try next weekend maybe entrance or thrasher? cheers mt.[:0]

i'd stay away from entrance for a bit
the seal lions and seals are all hanging out there in ridiculous numbers.

so if you do find fish there you're in for some frustration

Where were you getting prawns around Brickyard. Ive tried aroudn there before but could not find any good looking holes. Any info much appreciated. Ive been out around the fingers a few times this year earlier, but not much showed up on the sounder. Hopefully it will get better
tight lines

Nice fish rubtufnail,, well done hope you enjoyed the feast man...

just because they're not on the sounder,doesn't mean they eren't there.If I'mfishin winters in 180 ft,the fish are usually on the bottom and won't show on the sounder.I was told this by a guide and I got my 20lb and others withuot seeing them on the sounder

Back