Advice on pricing this boat

Bamfieldguy99

Looking for advice on how to price this 2014 SeaWest 24 Discoverer 727 boat I bought a few years back. The quick rundown. Bought 2 years ago. Paid $95K + put $15k electronics via Parksville boathouse + $6k new suzuki 20 hp kicker. Engines are 2014 Evinrude 175 E etecs with 514 and 520 hours. Kicker has maybe 20 hours. Trailer is 2014 Tuff. Engines run well with no issues. Here are a few picks to get the jist of it. I appreciate any input. I know the Evinrude's will be the limiting factor on the sale. I appreciate any advice on pricing etc.

Cheers,
AaronIMG_8336.jpgIMG_8332.jpgIMG_8320.jpg

Looking for advice on how to price this 2014 SeaWest 24 Discoverer 727 boat I bought a few years back. The quick rundown. Bought 2 years ago. Paid $95K + put $15k electronics via Parksville boathouse + $6k new suzuki 20 hp kicker. Engines are 2014 Evinrude 175 E etecs with 514 and 520 hours. Kicker has maybe 20 hours. Trailer is 2014 Tuff. Engines run well with no issues. Here are a few picks to get the jist of it. I appreciate any input. I know the Evinrude's will be the limiting factor on the sale. I appreciate any advice on pricing etc.

Cheers,
AaronView attachment 91849View attachment 91850View attachment 91851
There was a similar vintage seawest with twin 150 yams with mid hours (1000 or so on repower) that went around 80k this winter (That's the number in my mind anyhow). Don't remember if it hada kicker. That was a one owner hull that looked good although I didn't see it in person. Seemed like real good value. Was on a trailer and had a full electronics suite however not as new as that one. That hull was in masset so not exactly easy to view however it sold within a month.

That one pictured looks like a nice rig. You're well aware of the etecs limiting price which is all that matters . Good chance a buyer will flip them for new power anyhow, just price accordingly. Sub 100k would be my thought. Not the market it was a couple years ago. Things have balanced.

Last edited:
That boat has really good bones but yes, those Etecs are the weak link in getting a market-comp valuation as compared to having a pair of Zukes or Yamies on the transom

I’d forget about trying to re-coup the 15K in electronics though installing the Furuno radar was a good move. Not sure how strong the Seawest brand recognition is in your neighborhood....let’s say people know them and some covet them

If it were my boat, I’d list it for 99K and see what kind of feedback you get. The frothing at the mouth SEller’s market we saw a year or so ago has probably pulled back a bit due to finance costs and all the other crap so best not to over-play the hand

Another consideration: where’s the boat? IF you’re in Bamfield that could be either a limiting factor or an attractive factor, depending on who you’re talking to. Just my .02 cents.....

BTW—my last 3 boats sold on Craigslist. No broker involvement, just old-fashioned Yakety yack via email until you get the right guy.

Good luck

Beautiful boat, handmade in Sooke. I think your around $100k due to the etech’s. Unlikely you will get all your money back but you never know.. having twins is a big positive

They are great motors. Lighter than 4 strokes with lots of torque and reliable. I think it’s just because they stopped making them everyone thinks they were bad/ won’t be able to buy parts for them.

yah i don’t get the etec hate. 400 hours i’ve put on mine and havent spent a dime on maintenance. My buddys all have Mercs and they’re blowing up all over the place.
The original etecs are awesome. It's the 300 G2's that sunk the brand.

If @Bamfieldguy99 I'd try to stay firm on price and if someone gives you a low offer, then say sure. Remove the kicker, Lowrance units if someone tries to bargain you down. That trailer has EOH brakes too, great package. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1018709452429618/

Agree that in the wider market, etecs will put off many. But they will be attractive to those who know and understand them, so seek out those people. Those V block gen 1s are solid motors and only 500 ish hours is nothing. Parts are available, I've had no trouble finding what I need for my V4.

Suggest you join Etec Owners group on FB and post there. Search out any similar online groups for etec.

Regarding the hull, we used one with a guide for one day up at Hippa Island, a place famous for losing at least one day of your trip due to bad weather. Well, we were out in that bad weather day in one and it performed very well. There was a rogue wave that came up and grabbed us and I really thought we were going to roll over, but the boat just rode it out and came back down very nicely. Seriously hungover guide may have played a role in how we were positioned. I did drive it back to the lodge later, it popped up on plane quickly and seemed to ride well. It had a single 300 Merc and a kicker, suspension seats.

Seriously hungover guide may have played a role in how we were positioned. I did drive it back to the lodge later, it popped up on plane quickly and seemed to ride well.
Hung over = still partly intoxicated. I'd be asking for some money back or credit on that one. Unacceptable.

Back