Advice Needed on Drilling Holes In This Thing

Dogbreath

I was looking @ a Garlic Keeper the other day and I realised it was made out of the same stuff as thus useless wine cooler thing that I never use.

Since I like Garlic so much and it needs to be kept dark and cool with good air circulation all I need to do is drill some holes in this thing but it looks like it'll shatter quite easily.

Drill is new/all kinds of bits but..... fast drill or slow?

Special kind of bit?

Whaddaya think?

imgp3001s.jpg

A bigger hammer?

I would try the smallest cement bit I have.......Wouldn't be surprised if a regular bit went through that

Terra cotta?

dremmel, high speed is what you need

I agree-dremmel-Not sure if they have a masonary bit but I think a hi speed would work-failing that try a regular cord drill with masonary bit

Hey DB,

I agree with Trophywife and Spring Fever. Hi-speed is the way to go. Dremel does have specialized bits for cutting and drilling tile. Use these. A conventional drill will not work without serious risk of breakage. Conventional carbide tipped tile and cement drills require the use of a hammer drill action or the tip simply overheats from the spin friction and burns up. Both Dremel and Roto-zip make excellent tools for this type of work plus they have have hundreds of other tips for nearly every conceivable need including carving and sanding (for custom made plug bodies), polishing (for putting the super shine back on those dull lures), and for metal grinding (hook sharpening).

Worse case you can tell the wife/girlfriend that you need it for stuff around the house. Once you have one of these tools there is always someplace to use them.

Oh, and sorry if this sounds like a commercial. I'm just passionate about good tools.

Thanks to everyone for their input-the masonry bit did the trick.

Messy and slow to drill all those holes but soaking the thing for an hour beforehand was the key.

imgp3002.jpg

Perhaps he will turn it into a chia pet prawn bait cup.
Something like this.

GLG:cool:

chia-britney.jpg

Back