According to DFO, FR Sockeye are back!!!!!

Sitkaspruce

You heard it first folks!!!!

The Province has been told that the FR sockeye runs are going to be good!!!!

http://www.theprovince.com/Fraser+River+sockeye+rebound+forecast/3273814/story.html

Comments welcome!!!!:D

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Well they'll get to the river and then what happens?

And I don't mean human interception I mean water temps in the Fraser itself.

It seems it's warmer every year and that is not Good News.

So we'll see.

First off, Ernie Crey isn't the angel he makes himself out to be. He is a known poacher to those at DFO. He has organized a lot of illegal fishing when he feels he and his friends are entitled to it. His comments about being left off the river while spawning escapements are met give him away as well.

Tell me...what does a First Nations band need with 3000 Sockeye? Are they eating Sockeye for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner? The Sto:Lo have already taken 1500 Springs and Lower Fraser bands have taken 5000 Springs to date in 2010. Hmmm...5000 Springs already?! That's more fish than have been sold at every store in Vancouver, Vancouver Island and the entire province of BC in 2010!!!

Include the illegal drifts at night when no one is around watching them and I don't want to know how many fish have really been caught! I know that a couple of buddies in Agassiz and 2 other employees at my work have already bought Springs from the Natives. One of them bought 2 25 lb Springs for $40!!!!! What a joke.

Anyways, as for the Sox, if they do show in those numbers, I'll be whacking limits for all anglers on board..shamelessly.

quote:Originally posted by UNKNOWN

how many band members do they have - how many pieces per member are fn allowed for food and ceremonial? how many pieces are whites allowed per person - licensed man, woman & child? i know of many whites who are legally raping the resource. i don't see any words about them...

r.

Unknown, come on over to the Lower Mainland..and let's go for boat ride and I'll show you some massive poaching operations!!!!

Observe Record and Report won't touch this will a TEN FOOT POLE!!!!!!

I maybe wrong but there is nothing wrong with having 100 sox ( I don't even have a fish yet ) but where does it say the number of fish you are allowed I know your allowed 10 ling and so many spring, but there is nothing about number of sox, as long as you don't get them in one day but at your residence is a different story

FN are brown? I always thought they were red indians?
In my lowly opinion, one set of a net catches more than fishing with a rod.The difference is if a non-FN catches one more than limit, or uses a barbed hook, then they leave themselves open to be charged.
The FN are catching past the time when they are told to stop, and then sell the fish they catch.
Don

The whole f$%kn thing is a farce...... FN , white, whatever. Too much greed.[V]

Everybody seems to think that they need to take it while they can. Why people don't get the idea of sustainability I'll never know.[xx(]

My thoughts exactly.

Sustainability does not recognize race or creed. It is everyones responsibility to limit catches or risk depleting breeding stocks to the point that endangerment or extinction occurs. We've done it to countless species so far, what's going to change things now?

Money talks, B#llsh#t walks.

Until it it so financially damaging to those that break the law that they won't risk the rewards, we're going to go nowhere.

Also, huge minimum fines made manditory before ever stepping in front of a judge for a second level of legal retribution would go a long way. This would eliminate bleeding hearts in court who think that it's okay to destroy a renewable resource and the future enjoyment of nature and outdoor sporting activities of our children.

I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

Forgot to mention there was a huge sign at the roadside in CR for fresh sockeye at the marina.

Extinction is Forever

Most humans are greedy by nature and will take advantage of any opportunity to be so. The government is allowing FN's to be greedy without consequences so they take advantage, others would do the same. The government created this mess, they need to fix it.

quote:Most humans are greedy by nature and will take advantage of any opportunity to be so. The government is allowing FN's to be greedy without consequences so they take advantage, others would do the same. The government created this mess, they need to fix it.

Yessir! Goes right back to P.E. Trudeau......... Its unfortunate that some of the Native leaders cant seem to understand the long term picture---- special privaledges according to race will mean continuing discord. But the chance of changing the Constitution to create a more level playing field for all Canadians is not going to happen.. no matter what party is in power. So-- get used to it guys...

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back