• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
Al McKnight designed three spoons, The Al Mc spoon, Ediz hook spoon and the McKnight special. The McKnight special was later made by Shoff lure company the Ediz hook was later made by Luhr Jensen and the Al Mc spoon was never made after Abe & Al as far as I know.
The Al Mc was actually sold for a while by Mc Donald Life Like Lures from the mid-west rigged with split rings and a treble hook for the great lakes salmon fisheries.

The Al Mc was actually sold for a while by Mc Donald Life Like Lures from the mid-west rigged with split rings and a treble hook for the great lakes salmon fisheries.
Thanks, Learn something new everyday.

An older gentleman friend of mine was cleaning out his garage and gave me these and said he used them as downrigger weights years ago. I've only been fishing for four years so had never seen anything like this. Have any of you folks used anything like these before? The fins are bent pretty good on a couple of them,,,not sure if this is on purpose or from bouncing off the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_5460.JPG
    IMG_5460.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5461.JPG
    IMG_5461.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 40
Yep, exactly what they were. I sold them when I worked for a national retail store when I was a kid. The ones I sold were plain lead.
It may be a stupid question but I'm guessing that you would clip your downrigger line to the eye on the top. What's the eye on the front for ??

The way these worked...the main wire hooks to the bullet nose, then your release clip hooked directly to the eyelet above the fin. The fin stopped the weight from spinning. :)
Thanks StormTrooper. I will have to hook one up and give it a go, just to see how it rides. I'm visualizing lots of blow back.

Back