2007 Hewescraft 180 Searunner Value

Jeff

I'm thinking about upgrading my 2007 Hewescraft 180 Searunner to a new 210 hardtop but before I make the move does anyone have any thoughts on value of the Searunner? It's in good shape other than the usual corrosion around the snaps and a few scratches. Always flushed the motors and stored in a garage. Runs awesome.

Powered by 115hp Yamaha (800 hours), 8hp high thrust kicker, lowrance radar/depth sounder, custom arch, two Scotty downriggers, windless anchor, ez-loader trailer.

Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200503-134601.png
    Screenshot_20200503-134601.png
    982.2 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_20200503-134619.png
    Screenshot_20200503-134619.png
    737.1 KB · Views: 125
Sold my 2014 Searunner 180ET two years ago for $42k ... assuming yours isn’t the extended transom version so a true 18ft, vs the ET which is effectively a 20ft’er. Very similar set up - 115 4-stroke Yammy, 9.9 high thrust kicker, Lowrance chart plotter/sounder, etc. I didn’t even have 200hrs on the main and the kicker was put on in 2016, full electric and just over 100hrs on it.

should give you a starting point if nothing else. Wild card is that used aluminum prices were insane 2-yrs ago, boat was basically sold and gone w/in 48hrs of listing it. Today, with all the fisheries restrictions, a weaker Cdn$ and Covid I would guess it’s not quite the same seller’s market?

Good luck with the sale and upgrade, both the 190 and 210 Searunners are drool-worthy!!

Cheers!

Ukee

Sold my 2014 Searunner 180ET two years ago for $42k ... assuming yours isn’t the extended transom version so a true 18ft, vs the ET which is effectively a 20ft’er. Very similar set up - 115 4-stroke Yammy, 9.9 high thrust kicker, Lowrance chart plotter/sounder, etc. I didn’t even have 200hrs on the main and the kicker was put on in 2016, full electric and just over 100hrs on it.

should give you a starting point if nothing else. Wild card is that used aluminum prices were insane 2-yrs ago, boat was basically sold and gone w/in 48hrs of listing it. Today, with all the fisheries restrictions, a weaker Cdn$ and Covid I would guess it’s not quite the same seller’s market?

Good luck with the sale and upgrade, both the 190 and 210 Searunners are drool-worthy!!

Cheers!

Ukee

Thanks Ukee really appreciate the response.
This definitely helps. It'll be hard selling it, I think I fished every weekend in it. Ha.

Jeff

There are others on here that are better than me at assessing values (thinking of @JAC and @kaelc )

When I read your post I remembered there was a similar boat just posted on CL:
https://abbotsford.craigslist.org/boa/d/maple-ridge-2006-hewes-200-sportsman/7115058461.html
This unit looks more basic than yours, and I see the model is Sportsman vs your Searunner (I'm not personally aware of the differences).

Anyway, I'd be thinking you're in the mid $30s with your boat

Also, somebody has just posted a wanted ad for basically what you've got:
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/boa/d/surrey-wtb-20th-hewescraft-style/7118068368.html

I hear that! I wasn’t using mine enough given storage, insurance, cost to haul it to the Island, etc so listed it high with the thought I’d happily keep it ... and it was gone before my sellers remorse kicked in. Replaced it with a 14ft Silver Streak deep-vee w/ 30hp tiller. Allows me to still do most of what I want and is such an easy boat to run and maintain ... still miss the big boat at times.

Cheers!

Ukee

Sportsman is two “levels” below the Searunner, with the Pro-V being the model in between. If you see the two models side-by-side there is no comparison between the hulls of the sportsman vs the searunner.

Cheers!

Ukee

There are others on here that are better than me at assessing values (thinking of @JAC and @kaelc )

https://abbotsford.craigslist.org/boa/d/maple-ridge-2006-hewes-200-sportsman/7115058461.html
This unit looks more basic than yours, and I see the model is Sportsman vs your Searunner (I'm not personally aware of the differences).

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/boa/d/surrey-wtb-20th-hewescraft-style/7118068368.html

Thanks so much Pineapple Express! Yes I just came across the Sportsman on Craigslist, it's a different model, the Searunner has the deeper V.
Anyways this is great reference. Really appreciate the help on this one.

Jeff

Oops, thought I had 800 hours but just looking at the boat looks like only 252 hours, still new, ha.

As you can see, I had almost the exact same boat. It was a different time when I sold it but depending on where in BC you are selling it I would say mid 30's given our low Canadian dollar and guys from WA and AK are still buying boats in BC. You can always do focused searches on craigslist for length/year and even use Search tempest to find all boats in geography. Insanely low hours and sick electronics package with a kicker and who has a windlass on 18' aluminum, unreal. The full stand up top with see through windows is rare, and the drop curtain keeps all but the most painful girlfriends happy (wives want a toilet anyways). You may want to mention they can buy it for 29.5 without the electronics, radar arch and kicker, to help people understand the value of those things, no one really does but hey why not spell it out to them.

I would list that for 35k looks pretty clean. What did they offer you for a trade in value as you save on the taxes?

As you can see, I had almost the exact same boat. It was a different time when I sold it but depending on where in BC you are selling it I would say mid 30's given our low Canadian dollar and guys from WA and AK are still buying boats in BC. You can always do focused searches on craigslist for length/year and even use Search tempest to find all boats in geography. Insanely low hours and sick electronics package with a kicker and who has a windlass on 18' aluminum, unreal. The full stand up top with see through windows is rare, and the drop curtain keeps all but the most painful girlfriends happy (wives want a toilet anyways). You may want to mention they can buy it for 29.5 without the electronics, radar arch and kicker, to help people understand the value of those things, no one really does but hey why not spell it out to them.

Thanks a ton Kaelc, it's a great boat. This is all good info. I never thought about posting it across the line in the us but with the dollar it might be an idea.
Ok, I'm not in a rush so ill keep this all in mind.
Really appreciate it.

Jeff

I would list that for 35k looks pretty clean. What did they offer you for a trade in value as you save on the taxes?

Never even thought about this. I had no idea you could transfer the tax on a trade in. Definitely something I'll look into if I buy new.

Thanks for this,
Jeff

I'd look at what compairable king fishers / harbercraft sell for. They are pretty much the same thing imho.

Most alloy boats are selling for more than they are worth still, imho.

Good luck with sale.

I'd look at what compairable king fishers / harbercraft sell for. They are pretty much the same thing imho.

Most alloy boats are selling for more than they are worth still, imho.

Good luck with sale.

Thanks Macro! This is great.

Back