2003 Yamaha 225 4 stroke info

Scoopy

Hi Guys. Got a line on a 225 4 stroke yammy for my Grady. It has 2000 hours on it. The guy is looking for $6500 for it. Seems a little expensive given the amount of hours on it. Any thoughts? Any known issues?

Ya that's a pretty high price. I know someone who bought a 05 250 yam from breakers for 7500 and it had 500 hours. If you haven't already researched the yami corrosion issues I suggest you do that as this year is one known to be affected, altho with that many hours it would probably be fine, I would still get it scoped tho. Also would ask if its had the corrosion fix done. A printout of the hours history would be beneficial to see if a lot of the hours are trolling or cruising etc.

Thats a lot of hours for the price, will get another 2000 if it the corrosion is not present in the mid section. I bought a 2005 275 verado for less than that with 840 hours to compare.

I've got an 03. $2700 to installl the corrosion kit. \I did it. Don't be turned off by the corrosion issues with the 225 Yam.. It's a great motor. There are 10's of thousands of them operating around the world. It's an easy fix if the motor has the issue. Have it checked. Its easy to for a tech to do. That price is high for the hours though. I'd pay $4-5K if it had the kit done...

Thank you guys for the input, I really appreciate it. I was kind of thinking the same thing. For the hours the price is quite high and this motor definetely has not had the corrosion fix. Might as well just keep my 93 225 2 stroke that I just did head gaskets and exhaust gaskets on!

Back