2001 24 Osprey Fisherman

The one in NJ with the Yanmar diesel. I was looking for a diesel or outboard. FYI, there is a 02 26 in NY listed at 54500.00 on yatchworld last I checked it was still avaliable.

Originally posted by Tailspin

True enough LC, When i bought my boat 3 years ago in Oergon the dollar was not as strong. Very well priced and tempting Osprey though, could just hang on to it i guess. The smaller boats seem to move a bit quicker for sure.
[/
quote]

Hi tailspin,my name is tony, and im from wales in the uk, i wonder if you can help me, im just in the process of completeing the sale of my present boat, and i am very intrested in a 28LC osprey or a 30 with twin or single engines,it hard to find a site over here that has second hand or x demo, i was wondering if it would be cheaper for me to buy a new one direct from the usa.

i would appreciate if i could get some feed back on spec's and engines for best top speed's along with good fuel consumtion

regards

tony

Intercetor, here is an article about the 30' Osprey
with a review of the twin diesel option:

http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/article.jsp?ID=21011734

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

Boondocks.com
They sell Ospreys and Seasport boats and they are the parent company of both makes.
Located in Bellingham WA. USA.

MIKE

Originally posted by r.s craven

Intercetor, here is an article about the 30' Osprey
with a review of the twin diesel option:

http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/article.jsp?ID=21011734

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

[/
quote]

thank you lads for info had a look at that site, must say the boats are a lot cheaper over there, still that would depend if i could import one and how would i go about it, that 30 osprey is cheaper than the 28 over here, will have to look into it i think, anyway thanks again lads tight lines.

Justin , I just googled this boat and several came up. I am sure you have already seen them. lots of 2004 boats for around 79,000

Buy the boat you want. The flip is a gamble at best with todays market and the price of boats south of the border. Cash in on your savings and consider that your profit instead of working a flip. Boats are very tricky to sell up here. You will ask fair market value and attempt to make up the differance for what you originally purchased it for. You'll find that peole will still opt to go south and get their own savings rather than buy your boat. If you are planning on buying a jalopy and flipping it for under ten grand then thats one thing. But a high end ride will be tricky. I say search for your dream boat and snag it.

Leave the rest to real estate.

Either way good luck and let us know what happens.:)

HL

Hey TS - Try looking at Mastermarine.com they are located in Mt. Vernon WA and from what I understand the only licenced dealer for Ospreys in WA, ID, OR, and they have their inventory available online at their web site. We got our 26' there, and it wasn't cheap, but it was still a good deal. Especially when we looked what used ones were going for. We looked for 4-5 yrs before we found the deal we were looking for. But we were buying our last boat, we had worked out way up from a 1966 Sears tinner my dad gave me 15 yrs ago(still have it too :)) We almost bought a 24', but had a chance to look at the 24 & 26 side by side at a boat show, changed our mind. MAN - two extra feet can cost a bundle. Take some time to road trip to Bellingham and tour the factory, it was simply amazing to see the boats being built. Gave us a whole new sense of security when the seas get rough. Good Luck with your search.

peeon_work_goinfishin-1.jpg

Back