2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPEC+ to cut oil production by 2 million barrels a day next month​

The OPEC+ alliance of oil-exporting countries on Wednesday decided to sharply cut production to support sagging oil prices, a move that could deal the struggling global economy another blow and raise politically sensitive pump prices for U.S. drivers just ahead of key national elections.

In a statement, OPEC+ said the decision was based on the "uncertainty that surrounds the global economic and oil market outlooks."

OPEC+ to cut oil production by 2 million barrels a day next month​

The OPEC+ alliance of oil-exporting countries on Wednesday decided to sharply cut production to support sagging oil prices, a move that could deal the struggling global economy another blow and raise politically sensitive pump prices for U.S. drivers just ahead of key national elections.

In a statement, OPEC+ said the decision was based on the "uncertainty that surrounds the global economic and oil market outlooks."

climate leaders, keeping oil high to encourage the use of alternatives. what visionaries

Paul Pasco, principal consultant at Kalibrate, says drivers in the Lower Mainland are going to see the price at the pump jump another eight cents by Saturday morning, bringing us even closer to the $2.50 per litre mark for regular gas, marking a new all-time record.

Check out these numbers in the links below. While the national price of gas in Canada is relatively on the high side compared to the rest of the world the BS super high prices in BC are some of the highest in the world right now!! How is this so? Oh it is supply and demand they say, maintenance issues - I say BS!!!

I say they are gouging us because they know we will keep paying whatever they charge. We live in a country that produces and exports oil. Take a look at the graphs below and see the prices for fuel in most of the other oil producing exporting countries - much cheaper. This situation is more about our spineless politicians giving into the oil sector lobbyists and screwing the public over. If demand is so high and supply low then build another refinery! The oil companies with their record breaking profits can certainly afford to! My 2 bits.

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_price_rankings?itemId=24
https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/gasoline-prices?continent=world

Check out these numbers in the links below. While the national price of gas in Canada is relatively on the high side compared to the rest of the world the BS super high prices in BC are some of the highest in the world right now!! How is this so? Oh it is supply and demand they say, maintenance issues - I say BS!!!

I say they are gouging us because they know we will keep paying whatever they charge. We live in a country that produces and exports oil. Take a look at the graphs below and see the prices for fuel in most of the other oil producing exporting countries - much cheaper. This situation is more about our spineless politicians giving into the oil sector lobbyists and screwing the public over. If demand is so high and supply low then build another refinery! The oil companies with their record breaking profits can certainly afford to! My 2 bits.

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_price_rankings?itemId=24
https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/gasoline-prices?continent=world
Do those other oil producing countries tax their residents into oblivion too?

Some do more, some do less, but taxes are a % based on the selling price of fuel. It is the basic price of fuel I am taking about here, taxes are just a portion of the price and a distraction when we are talking about how much the oil companies are charging/gouging in the first place.

My whole point is that the prices they are charging in BC is BS! The taxes the govt. collects is a related but different issue that deflects from the issue I am talking about here.

Some do more, some do less, but taxes are a % based on the selling price of fuel. It is the basic price of fuel I am taking about here, taxes are just a portion of the price and a distraction when we are talking about how much the oil companies are charging/gouging in the first place.

My whole point is that the prices they are charging in BC is BS! The taxes the govt. collects is a related but different issue that deflects from the issue I am talking about here.
You do realise that most of our refined products come from 2 refineries in Washington state and we buy it with US dollars? This all comes back to the point that we have no refinery here in BC other than that tiny one in Burnaby and not enough pipeline availability to get more from Alberta without hauling it by rail

Yup, I do, and my point is build another refinery in BC, or even Alberta. Just seems kinda stupid for us to be buying our fuel from the US when we should be making it and buying it from ourselves and get the economic benefits of the jobs and the profits staying in Canada.

Like I said the oil companies and their lobbyists have 'bamboozzled' our politicians into a lousy long term fuel supply situation for Canada (i.e. that screws the consumer but makes the oil companies big profits) and in particular BC. But hey how much do eastern politicians care about BC?

Yup, I do, and my point is build another refinery in BC, or even Alberta. Just seems kinda stupid for us to be buying our fuel from the US when we should be making it and buying it from ourselves and get the economic benefits of the jobs and the profits staying in Canada.

Like I said the oil companies and their lobbyists have 'bamboozzled' our politicians into a lousy long term fuel supply situation for Canada (i.e. that screws the consumer but makes the oil companies big profits) and in particular BC. But hey how much do eastern politicians care about BC?
Do the oil companies own the refineries? If so, why the hell would they sell us any oil? Doesn't make much business sense.

"Proposals exist to build modern, high-efficiency refinery operations on the West Coast. The price tag: upward of $15 billion each. The payback period: 25 to 30 years. Although petroleum is expected to remain a key transportation fuel for at least four more decades, an investment of $15 billion comes with significant risks. Which is why there is no rush of investors, private or public."

This thread is wandering away form the original intent of how summer gas prices would affect people's fishing/boating habits. The summer boating season is pretty much over so this one can be retired. Maybe gas will be cheaper next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back