150 Merc or Yami , What's been your experiences

sir-vivor

Hi,
Looking to put either a 150 merc or yami on my 21' soft top Striper , weight about 2700 with fuel and batteries.
If you have a like boat and running 2 or 3 year old single 150s , please share your experience.
I usually fish myself or one more , combined 400lbs , we're not fat we are stocky haha

:rolleyes:;) this will be good........
I actually have both and they both have been great, Yammy on my Trophy and it works great, Merc on my Thunder Jet and also works perfect. totally what you can get a good deal on and can get service close by when needed.

Hi,
Looking to put either a 150 merc or yami on my 21' soft top Striper , weight about 2700 with fuel and batteries.
If you have a like boat and running 2 or 3 year old single 150s , please share your experience.
I usually fish myself or one more , combined 400lbs , we're not fat we are stocky haha

I had a 150 Yamaha on my 21' 2008 Striper. It ran great on that hull and zero issues in the 10 years I owned it.

I personally am a big fan of the merc's, I had a 150 on my trophy 2002 and it was great. its was really well setup for the do it yourself Mechanic in terms of oil changes and basic maintaince. Never let me down, I didn't hesitate to put twin 200's on my Seasport this year. When people ask why Mercs, just look at the boats at the boat show the last few years the majority are sporting mercs

:rolleyes:;) this will be good........
I actually have both and they both have been great, Yammy on my Trophy and it works great, Merc on my Thunder Jet and also works perfect. totally what you can get a good deal on and can get service close by when needed.
Hey RevyG,
What weight you figure your trophy with full fuel & Vessel (not including engine) ?

Hey sir vivor, I would guesstamate about 3500# fully loaded for a week up the work channel.

Back