100 + Tonne of Herring fished off Nanoose

"The lifespan of a herring averages 10 years, and some probably live for 20 years or more. Those that migrate may grow as big as a pink salmon. And like salmon, they usually return to their natal waters to spawn." Wow, a ten year average lifespan, and could potentially be as big as a pink salmon, imagine targeting those on a 5wt.

another 400 Tonne opening? Apparently there is more than enough herring around....anything but fish farm food I effing hope

this opening is a food herring opening.
get your 5 gallon buckets and make your own roll mops or smoke some , salt and pickle them.
or freeze for bait. Herring is looking good this year , both in stock and in market.
Japs are agressively buying and now Koreans and a few Chineese are getting into it.
Flavoured herring roe is a new popular appy in Asia.
We need to get some inour north american sushi bars.
Ask your local sushi bar for some and support our own local industry.

Get your 5 gallon buckets and make your own roll mops or smoke some , salt and pickle them.
Or freeze for bait. Herring is looking good this year , both in stock and in market.
Japs are agressively buying and now koreans and a few chineese are getting into it.
Flavoured herring roe is a new popular appy in asia.

wow!!!!!!!!!

We need to get some in our north american sushi bars.Ask your local sushi bar for some and support our own local industry.
I've had Kazunoko a couple times it's expensive and nothing special- notta helluva lotta flavour- I much prefer Ikura or Tobiko or even Masago.

Has anyone heard the final tally on how much herring has been taken from Georgia St this winter by the commercial fleet???

get your 5 gallon buckets and make your own roll mops or smoke some , salt and pickle them.
or freeze for bait. Herring is looking good this year , both in stock and in market.
Japs are agressively buying and now Koreans and a few Chineese are getting into it.

You wanna know where your sushi can go...

Just curious as to if anyone knows how much herring was fished in the recent opening...I dont understand your reply Duffer...

Word is the commercial guys are getting $150/ton for this food herring and some of those fishermen are saying it should be left in the water.

herring are basicly a shool fish small schools swimming into larger ones are then a part of a larger school and perhaps never return to the gorge and never to come again till a few break off and swim back just my thoughts tom

Back