100 Blue

otter

Does any one have knowledge of the status/efficiency of the Garmin 100 Blue fish finder? Its been on my boat since I bought the boat 2 yrs ago. Frankly I think its crap or I havent set it up correctly. Read the mamual and experimented if one has to do that but my results arent satisfying. ie rarely shows bait and if Im catching salmon 40 60 80 ft etc it dosent show the schools which are obviously there. Yes, transducer positioned correctly as to the instruction diagram. It wasnt top of the line, price wise, get what you pay for, so with all said, appreciate comments assuming I might have to upgrade.

B Gibb

the less expensive depth/ fish finder's are all similar
in that they read depth.... and that's about all.
i have a humminbird 250 and it's the same .
i have it adjusted to max. sensitivity, yet i seldom see
the fish, even when the bite is on.

scotty

I run a Eagle 480DF (dual frequency) great unit easy to operate tons of features and paid just under $400 for it new. I love the fact I could go on www.eaglesonar.com and download there simulator for any unit and try it out before I bought. Plus you can use the simulator to find the settings that best suit you without waisting valuable fishing time out on the water. BTW reads bottom at 25mph up to 400ft.

Cheers ME

Edited by - MyEscape on 02/02/2006 13:37:11

Back