10 hp restriction on the Stamp River

A grand solution may well be to close sportfishing boat access and angling opportunities in all rivers in BC accept thous with existing hatcheries. Things that make you go Hhmmm. Ooops! :)

Do you fish on a system that does not have a hatchery?

Fish must be first. Everything and everyone else are already - all in a line up, ready to kill them.

Brilliant

I think your on to something if all the sectors could sit down at a table on the basis of “ how can we put first first”

All the other issues may just work themselves out

This thread is very close to being shut down. Time to knock off the sarcastic and personal nature of some of the comments.

To be clear, we do in fact enjoy commercial fishing opportunities in freshwater here in BC. In both lakes and rivers, however they are not provincially managed. DFO and the Federal government allow commercial harvest of inland salmon on certain water bodies for financial gain. This action is not just participated in by FN, regular everyday Joe commercial fisherman are involved also...right up the food chain and into the grocery store.

You are absolutely correct, insofar as ESSR sockeye in the Babine system are sometimes targeted in Babine Lake by net boats commercial fishing, but, as you noted, they are not managed by the Province nor have anything called a Provincial Fishing Permit.

I also considered the Mysis Shrimp commercial fishing enterprises that happen on Okanogan Lake where a couple of companies harvest shrimp that were introduced ostensibly to feed Kokanee, but didn't work out very well in the end.
I wondered if they had anything called a Provincial Fishing Permit that might be applicable to the HP restriction we are talking about.
Nope and nope there.

So, I've researched it quite a bit, just for the heck of it and also to kill time. I'm 73 years old and retired, with an inquisitive mind.

So sue me. LOL

Take care.

So Dave In you humble opinion, how is fishing on the Gold river for you now? There has not been a jet on that river for 20 years now so all the environmental damage should have let the ecology and steelhead population boom. You must be enjoying it all now??

Take care.

Of what relevance is this to the topic of HP Restrictions on the Stamp Ken?

It's a one word answer.

None.

Take care.

Have a merry Christmas Dave. May your dreams be filled with bobbers down and glistening chrome steelhead!!!

The same back at ya Ken.

And may the insects of your concern return to their previous numbers too.

It's a changing world out there and it's good to see people noticing such things.

Take care.

Back