Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chamber Sealers

Ordering a VP215 tomorrow..... Sure hoping I am doing the right thing.

PM me if you want one of my 3 or 4 foodsavers or some of the hundreds of pre made bags I have for them.
    Last edited by Fish Assassin; 05-27-2013 at 11:53 AM.

fish assassin.............the VP215 rules you will be amazed at the increase in quality of the packed product! It is just so much more machine than a food saver!

Quote Originally Posted by mikep View Post
    fish assassin.............the vp215 rules you will be amazed at the increase in quality of the packed product! It is just so much more machine than a food saver!

x100!.....................
    "You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the f*ck just happened". - Capt. Phil Harris.

Wow i watched the video on the vacmaster 215...impressive machine, my question is, Are the food saver brand machines you get from costco really that bad? i would like one of the vacmaster units but it will have to wait till i go back to the patch for a hitch or two because that's how much i paid for my boat...lol

Quote Originally Posted by jeffywestcoast View Post
    Wow i watched the video on the vacmaster 215...impressive machine, my question is, Are the food saver brand machines you get from costco really that bad? i would like one of the vacmaster units but it will have to wait till i go back to the patch for a hitch or two because that's how much i paid for my boat...lol
    Question to you... Would we be buying the camber sealers if the vac sealers at Costco were so good?

Guess not.. was thinking about one from costco untill i herd you have 3.., did you get your vacmaster unit yet? i like the idea of being able to go to costco and buy a huge tenderloin then cut it into a bunch of steaks too, beisdes the endless fish possibilities, it would be great for steak n chicken. There is a guy here in Nanaimo that makes the best peperoni and beef jerky too. i think that would be ideal for this .

Ok I feel like I have just gone commercial...... This thing is a tank. I got 1000 10X16 4mil bags if someone wants to trade for some other sizes.

Last night and this morning I repackaged everything in my freezer.....

How long do you have yours set for? 30 is good but found 35 even better.

Did yours come with some oil in it? Mine was about 1/4 full. Guessing they do this to test the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Assassin View Post
    Ok I feel like I have just gone commercial...... This thing is a tank. I got 1000 10X16 4mil bags if someone wants to trade for some other sizes.

Did yours come with some oil in it? Mine was about 1/4 full. Guessing they do this to test the unit.
    I'm up around 30 if I recall. I think there was a little oil in the pump as well. I need to change mine already.

They are tanks ha ha. I'm building a little cart for mine that will fit under a counter. It will have bag storage under the unit itself.

Did you try bagging some water or other liquid? Pretty funny how much stuff you think of trying at the beginning lol.
    "You can watch things happen, you can make things happen, or you can wonder what the f*ck just happened". - Capt. Phil Harris.

Just packaged some white spring fillets. I am at 32 on the first setting.
    Last edited by Sculpin; 06-10-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Assassin View Post

The time has to do with the amount of air that needs to be removed to get the air out and amount of vacuum YOU want.

The only purpose of those white plates is to reduce the amount of air that needs removed from the chamber. The smaller the package means more air needs removed of the chamber and a longer time is needed. I have used up to 50; however, believe that was overkill.

Usually 30 to 35, I just looked and right now mine is set at 37 and was doing two steaks to a package and both white plates in.

I wouldn't swear it had any oil in it at all? Do remember the big red WARNING stating it had no oil in the pump.

BTW... one word of caution. Don't vacuum soup and/or chili, thaw it, and just cutting a corner off the bag and then try to reseal the bag. Tried that twice before realizing that just don't work well. Both times it literally blew the contents out of the bag all over the chamber. Big mess and clean-up.
    Last edited by Charlie; 06-09-2013 at 11:13 PM.