Page 79 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Was at Thrasher saturday went 1 for 4 with a 16 lb marble in the box 140 in 600 ft on a 3 inch kitchen sink spoon
    Very soggy day...almost november like....on the way back found ourselves in the middle of a large pod of white sided
    Porpoises who were very playful ......zooming around the boat .....riding the bow wave etc
    Returned to Thrasher today ...a bit of a late start ....... went 0 for 1

Was at Thrasher on Saturday with a friend. We released 2 undersized (south of the light), kept a scrappy 25lb marble and had one pop off the rigger and was gone (at Grande). All fish took a 3" cop car at 72' following the 100' contour.

Started off on the west end of Bowen, and worked right around and down to the cap, only one junior at 65 on a green and blue hooch.Did not see a net out today

Fished Thrasher and Grande Sunday, no luck at Thrasher, lots of boats early, moved on and went 4 for 4 at Grande on the flood.
    Lots of boats in tight but we stayed out deeper in 200+ feet of water.
    Boxed an 18lb marbled and a 13lb white, released 2 smaller springs.
    140-160 feet on spoons.
    Didn't see alot of other nets out.
    That sun felt great, what a Canada Day!

Gray Adventure, 2006 Albemarle 268XF
    A familiar spot at the fuel dock!

just wondering when bell bouy starts firing up? and if u can hit soxs there cant go out much farther in my little boat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scalper66 View Post
    just wondering when bell bouy starts firing up? and if u can hit soxs there cant go out much farther in my little boat
    I have seen people fishing there periodically for some weeks now but haven't heard of much for results.

There was lots of good sockeye action near thee bell last year.

Ya last year sockeye fishing was great in the harbour. Hopefully this year there is enough for an opening.
    Finally- 17' Malibu Tyee
    "Fill the Tub!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scalper66 View Post
    just wondering when bell bouy starts firing up? and if u can hit soxs there cant go out much farther in my little boat lol
    Socs ? At the Bell this year? ...you are just about exactly a year late lol !!! ..... yes they certainly can be there but if you do hook any this year , I'm afraid to say that they will most likely have to go back as there is little chance they will open this year in GS. As far as Bell "firing up" , think "Chinook" ......or coho in the harbour.

Anyone been up around Sechelt area. Going to spend a week in that area this year as i have finally said no more to $660.00 ferry bills to Quadra and back any more. I have done that trip for the last 20 years and am done on how much to take a ferry 50 miles. So this area is all new for me so any help is great.