Im worried this wont get nearly the views it would in the saltwater section. A good cause and a fun day needs some exposure!
SOOKE BOXING DAY DERBY.
Sorry for the late notice, I just found out about it on Sunday and hopefully the details I noted below are correct.
Sooke is having a one day boxing day (Dec 26) derby.
- starting time is at sunrise and final weigh in at 1330 hrs at the Crab Shack.
- ticket will be $25 plus a canned food donation.
- ticket can be purchased at Tro Tac, Island Outfitter, Eagle Eye Wilderness and the Crab Shack.
- $ 5 from every ticket sold will go to the food bank.
- 1st prize will take the remaining cash
- there will also so a 2nd and 3 rd prize along with kid prizes.
- You can also donated your fish to the food bank and receive a raffle ticket for a rod and reel which will be given away at the end of the derby.
Get out there and have some fun and help support the Food Bank.
Anyone know how many tix were sold last year?
Will tix be available the morning of at Crab Shack?
Not sure if I can make it at this point but may do so last minute.
Last year they sold approx. 50+- ticket.
Ticket will be available at the Crab Shack the morning of the derby.
We are in, good luck to all. Drilleryells
TEAM wolf is in as well good times heaters a working and coffee will be a brewing and maybe some breaky....LOL see you out there
Blue Wolf Charters
A few pics and results: http://report.fishingsooke.ca/2011/1...by-photos.html
Didn't get the winners name or amount they won though. Looked like a fun morning, wish I could have joined in the fun...next year I hope.
Hey, that's my buddy Dave Myles and Ric Bains! Way to go! Congrats, lads!
I think there were 45+- tickets sold this year.