Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flasher Holder

Flasher Holder

I'm always searching for ways to get better organized. One thing that really has become a challenge is keeping my flashers clean and organized as I cycle through various gear. I tried the flasher bags, but have found the hooks get tangled up and at times the Velcro is a pain to deal with when opening/closing. I played around with an idea, which may work well so I thought I would share it with everyone. Perhaps this will get guys sharing their ideas on organizing tackle.

So, I'll attach some pic's so you can see the idea. Essentially the main storage bin is a plastic container on sale at Can Tire for $1.19. We then cut some marine grade plywood to fit the bottom of the plastic bin and drilled 1/4 inch holes 1/2 inch apart so you can insert dowels to hold the flasher upright. A little wood glue and tap in the dowel and you are done.

What I like about this system is when changing out flashers I can simply and quickly drop the old flasher into an open slot and pull out the new one I want to fish. It keeps all the flashers upright so no tangled gear and the flasher can dry out.

Here's some pic's:

Searun

Searun

Good to the "Last Cast"

That I really like, going to do that . Thanks Searun.

Tx, hoping to spur on others to contribute their great ideas. I'm a bit (OK a lot[]) of a neat freak on the boat. Nothing worse than trying to find a spoon or hoochie combo when the bite is on. I really hate searching around in a pile of loose gear, not to mention the tangles that always seem to happen no matter how careful you are.

So, bring on your great ideas...let's get some sharing happening here.

Searun

Senior Member Island Fish Lifter's Avatar
    im a neat freak too searun, thanks for the info.. great idea!

Fill the dam tub!

Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing that work station when you get her ready...we can trade some ideas. Anything that makes my life on the water simpler and helps me keep my gear in the water fishing (instead of tying on the go) is a good thing.

Keep them ideas coming...I love to experiment with new innovations.

Searun

I've been thinking of ways to organize my flashers as well.That looks like the answer.Should fit under the seats when I'm not using them.
    Dave

I've been using the plastic containers for some time but never thought about using the dowels. Great idea and thanks for sharing. I'm off to the store to get some dowels

Searun, great idea!!!!

I picked up a dish rack and it does the same thing. Fits under the seat, I just take it out to rince the flashers off, and I use the removable silverware container to put my plug and such for a wash off as well. Once the sun has dries everything, back it goes in the boat, read for next time.

Can post a pict, but I think everyone knows what a dish rack looks like....

Cheers

SS

Searun

Nice , Very Nice , x2 , any body that fishes in my rig , would laugh , i use the exact same setup , i don't have the fancy dividers you have , i use dish wash tubs , works great , , when needed , mix things up , it's there , fast ! , 30 - 40 of them tied ready to go , i have 3 tubs ready , all layed out on my stern platform , cats ass , love it , " Lots a flashers " lol, see ya at the Derby brotha..

FD...

kosi99@hotmail.com

Neat freak here too...luckily the tackle drawers that came with the Pursuit fit flashers perfectly...two rows, stacked on top of one another with a lid and it fits about 14 which is lots...just keep the ones I use the majority of the time within arms reach to change em over if one is being hit more than the other. Seemed one this year was a morning flasher, the other the afternoon...almost every day...kinda odd. Then near end of season had one that was killer everyday...if I can find a picture of it I'll post (not in BC to take one atm unfortunately)

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

*NEW VIDEO*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlEzuNC59ck