Zodiac MK V HD 20' - How much?

Soup Knot Sea

I recently moved into a new place and there is a 19'+ Zodiac here. The boat has been sitting for a while, but seems to hold air well, has an older 35hp Evinrude with controls and small helm console and two swivel seats (trailer not included). The owner said it was operational when he got it 5 years or so ago. There are several areas that need repair. Transom seems really solid.

My question is, can anyone help me out with a value for this boat? Feel free to PM me. A quick internet search brought up words like "military grade" "heavy duty" etc. The boat definitely needs work and repairs, but is there value in the tubes alone for a Zodiac this size?

I really don't need another project, but maybe this is a sought after boat that I should be thinking about keeping for myself? (I'm sure my wife would be thrilled:eek:).

Or maybe YOU want it and if so, feel free to make an offer.

If anyone has any knowledge they can share, that would be appreciated!

Thanks!

SKS

20170220_155101.jpg 20170220_155137.jpg 20170220_155156.jpg 20170220_155207.jpg

20170220_155101.jpg

The trailer is worth at least $750 and the Zodiac is tough to judge unless you are rib expert. Maybe touch base with the guys at Titan Boats if you are on the island. If you pump it up and it floats, the zodiac might be worth several thousand, 19 feet is a nice size.

Tubes can be replaced, we did it for search and rescue, but I wouldn't think there would be a good resale market for used ones. I don't think a motor that has sat/not started is worth anything but I'm jaded after buying a running kicker that with was a POS.

If you remove the motor and random wood, Pump it up and float it, you might get a good price on eBay.

If you don't have a boat already, Id fish that thing!

Looks like a soft bottom and not a RIB? If it were a rigid bottom you could probably get 10k for it being 19 feet no matter the shape of the seams ....soft bottoms are worth significantly less and don't hold their value like rigids. Time is the enemy of inflatables and if they havent been cared for you start to get seam problems which are repairable but with a brand new one at 4k its not really worth it. Zodiac used to be better than the other brands but now with all the new UV resistant materials and offshore factories a soft bottom boat can be had for quite cheap. I believe because of EPA rules even Zodiacs are made offshore now..

Cleaned up with motor I bet you could get 3k or more for it, it would sell better with a trailer.

Back