zeus virus ??

Peahead

image.jpeg Can anyone provide advice on what to do when this sceen pops up on your omputer? Looks like a scam phone number so of course I will not call . I have Shaw's antivirous. ...

Ok fantastic - downloaded the free malwarebytes and all seems good. It removed 374 just "non-malware" threats and everything looks and works well. Thanks fogged in and Cuba Libre ! Awesome info! Looks like you were correct CL as there wasn't any big threat (virus) but just a brutal scam to get your credit card in attempt to charge you a wack of money for their BS "service"

" Similarly to Koobface, Zeus has also been recently used to trick victims of tech support scams into giving the scam artists money through pop-up messages that claim the user has a virus when in reality they might have no viruses at all and the scammers may use programs like command prompt or event viewer to make the user assume otherwise.[4] "

glad it worked out for you Peahead.
I would suggest you keep Malware bytes free version going live and perhaps buy the Premium version for about $30 a year and it will give you real time protection
I use it and it's worth the money in my opinion

also sometimes doing a "system restore" using an earlier date may fix those types of problems. costs nothing to try...

Back