Zego sport boats

R

RVP

Have you seen this water craft before? http://www.zego.biz Zego sport boats were developed in New Zealand for surf and lake cruising, also river running. it is aprox 10' x 5' catamaran style pontoon boat. The Zego is powered by an outboard up to 30hp - the boat has options to accommodate many uses, including fishing. Screaming Fish & Fly Sportfishing Centre has just entered into an agreement with Zego...our first boat should be here in June.

Cheers,
Ps...imagine what you could do with it - Pretty cool eh! ;):D[8D]

I'm struggling too PS. Kinda in the seadoo "go fast have fun" market but won't self right if flipped and the outboard certainly isn't going to like getting flipped. At 265 pounds it's not a car topper so your going to be pulling a trailer, so if I'm pulling a trailer I think I'd want the extra space of a boat... Seems like a "fun toy to have at the cottage on the small/medium sized lake" type thing.

Who do you think the target market is and for what applications RVP? What's the entry level price point ging to be? Any idea how the insurance companies are treating them as rentals from an insurance cost/potential liability perspective?

I'm struggling too PS. Kinda in the seadoo "go fast have fun" market but won't self right if flipped and the outboard certainly isn't going to like getting flipped. At 265 pounds it's not a car topper so your going to be pulling a trailer, so if I'm pulling a trailer I think I'd want the extra space of a boat... Seems like a "fun toy to have at the cottage on the small/medium sized lake" type thing.

Who do you think the target market is and for what applications RVP? What's the entry level price point ging to be? Any idea how the insurance companies are treating them as rentals from an insurance cost/potential liability perspective?

...SIR - the video speaks miles above the pictures that are on the national website. Our negotiations have been going on for months. We have examined all the issues with reguard to DOT safety and stability...Zego does not flip. We are not a rental agency, so I can not tell you anything with regard to such. The over all foot print of the Zego fits into boat status and not personal watercraft. End result pricing is still undetermined as we will be offering the Zego boat for sale as bare bones with options. Power options are also at this time in negotiation and will be available from the first dealer in British Columbia "Screaming Fish & Fly" with power options by more than one MFG. 265lbs is still within truck bed range, this said how ever it is prefered as a trailable package. We are setting up a limited dealer network for BC and Alberta. Please feel free to contact me for further details or to answer more questions.

Cheers,
RVP

...SIR - the video speaks miles above the pictures that are on the national website. Our negotiations have been going on for months. We have examined all the issues with reguard to DOT safety and stability...Zego does not flip. We are not a rental agency, so I can not tell you anything with regard to such. The over all foot print of the Zego fits into boat status and not personal watercraft. End result pricing is still undetermined as we will be offering the Zego boat for sale as bare bones with options. Power options are also at this time in negotiation and will be available from the first dealer in British Columbia "Screaming Fish & Fly" with power options by more than one MFG. 265lbs is still within truck bed range, this said how ever it is prefered as a trailable package. We are setting up a limited dealer network for BC and Alberta. Please feel free to contact me for further details or to answer more questions.

Cheers,
RVP

Hey RVP - as a dealer you might want to look into the rental/insurance/commercial issues thing even if you are not going to rent them yourselves. What I was implying is I think there may be a market for Resorts looking for a small economical platform for couples to self-tour the area around the resort. Seadoo's are too wet / too loud and not really attractive to the typical age group of the consumers who can drop 250-$1K a night at some of these Resorts. Bigger boats are not a financially attractive option for the non hardcore fishing resorts. So depending on price point/insurance costs these might be an interesting option for the non-kayaking crowd Resort market...

Price point, insurance costs, TC approval and safety/reliability would be the three primary concerns for that market. Could be a nice target market to sell a lot of boats fast too... I would have thought a direct mail campaign targeted at the coastal BC Resorts containing the above information would have been a low cost sales strategy. Mayby repost when you are further along in the deal and if you choose to target that market segment with volume commercial pricing options.

Hey RVP - as a dealer you might want to look into the rental/insurance/commercial issues thing even if you are not going to rent them yourselves. What I was implying is I think there may be a market for Resorts looking for a small economical platform for couples to self-tour the area around the resort. Seadoo's are too wet / too loud and not really attractive to the typical age group of the consumers who can drop 250-$1K a night at some of these Resorts. Bigger boats are not a financially attractive option for the non hardcore fishing resorts. So depending on price point/insurance costs these might be an interesting option for the non-kayaking crowd Resort market...

Price point, insurance costs, TC approval and safety/reliability would be the three primary concerns for that market. Could be a nice target market to sell a lot of boats fast too... I would have thought a direct mail campaign targeted at the coastal BC Resorts containing the above information would have been a low cost sales strategy. Mayby repost when you are further along in the deal and if you choose to target that market segment with volume commercial pricing options.

don't get me wrong they look fun as hell and I could see myself strapping a few surfboards to the front and heading to hard to reach surf spots but fishing out of one, never.

don't get me wrong they look fun as hell and I could see myself strapping a few surfboards to the front and heading to hard to reach surf spots but fishing out of one, never.

...hehe, haha - lost opportunity I guess. The best part is, the fishing aspect...we are excited, because we have recognised all the possibilities that this boat has to offer and what it can do in relation to fishing or other water sports, be it, tidal, still or flow.

The first boat is sold to a notable westcoast guide - my boat is the second, we have two others sold to regular clients and we have mega potencial buyers lined up to see the boat in person for a touchy, feely thing once it arrives. Huge! Hmmm...9.9hp, augh, yes! Did I say steel slayer?? ;)[}:)]:):D[8D]

...hehe, haha - lost opportunity I guess. The best part is, the fishing aspect...we are excited, because we have recognised all the possibilities that this boat has to offer and what it can do in relation to fishing or other water sports, be it, tidal, still or flow.

The first boat is sold to a notable westcoast guide - my boat is the second, we have two others sold to regular clients and we have mega potencial buyers lined up to see the boat in person for a touchy, feely thing once it arrives. Huge! Hmmm...9.9hp, augh, yes! Did I say steel slayer?? ;)[}:)]:):D[8D]

...oh, I almost forgot to mention - wait until you see Zego all decked out with Scotty downriggers and accessories...ooooh yaaa! Can you say Extreme fishing?? I can not wait to hold the first Zego fishing derby. ;):)

...oh, I almost forgot to mention - wait until you see Zego all decked out with Scotty downriggers and accessories...ooooh yaaa! Can you say Extreme fishing?? I can not wait to hold the first Zego fishing derby. ;):)

well good luck on the venture let us know how you like them once you get a chance to fish out of them, I think I'll stick to my grady for now [}:)]

well good luck on the venture let us know how you like them once you get a chance to fish out of them, I think I'll stick to my grady for now [}:)]

You know what,I can see using one to access those beach areas west of Sooke-Jordan River- Sombrio where boating there is a trip subject to weather conditions then the consideration you have to get back! If I was to remain in Sooke I would consider it. I would want to test drive one though re conditions etc. Much like test driving a vehicle before you buy.

Back