your dream rig ?

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by wildthing, Sep 27, 2015.

1. wildthing

wildthing Well-Known Member

well was looking through pages on the net
    and came across this
    it may now just be my fav rig just got to win the lotto.....lol

LOA: 36’ Beam: 12’ Draft: 17”
    Approx. weight: 12,500 lbs.
    Top Speed 47 mph
    Cruise 31 @ 22 gph
    ●250 Gallon Fuel Capacity

bottom pic is the comfy model for people who need a enclosed cabin
    and keep warm .....lol

http://www.judgeyachts.com/chesapeake-36-outboard-new-for-2015.html

but we can all dream

whats yours

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  2. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

im in with you on that one lol holy rocket launchers though lol

3. Canso

Canso Well-Known Member

looks cold for our climate, needs a bulkhead or somthing.
    im still thinking 33' Ocean Roamer

4. dougthefisher

dougthefisher Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  5. JAC

JAC Well-Known Member

I really like the looks of tug boats like American tug. The ocean roamers are sick I walked around a couple at Seattle boat show. Hard to beat a big Armstrong cat they are very cool!

6. tyeeking

tyeeking Member

I've toured both the American Tug and the Nordic Tug factories and was extremely impressed with their engineering, construction, and quality control. My wife and I have "bareboat charted" a Nordic Tug twice (a 32' one week and a 37' a year later for a week) and really enjoyed them. If I was ever to buy a yacht (not likely) I would absolutely go with either an American or Nordic Tug.

7. Rum Buddies

Rum Buddies Active Member

8. Sir Reel

Sir Reel Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one. Beautiful boats.

9. Aridhol

Aridhol Active Member

I'm a simple man, if I could manage this I'd never own another boat (hah!)

[​IMG]

10. Wyrguy

Wyrguy Member

Yup...! That's what I did!!!

[​IMG]

Wyrguy Rick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. wildthing

wildthing Well-Known Member

i like that Arima but for two of you fishing
    3 is starting to be a crowd

as with most boat with an 8.5' beam or less

since i want to take a few guest out .....lol
    just got to love the big dance floor

and with it being open tell that to the man who owns a convertible and the wind in his face.....lol

12. ericl

ericl Active Member

Iv'e got a 33ft Chris Craft Catalina; 1978. Beam is around 12ft. Repowered with twin 200HP Volvo diesels. Hull & stringers are fiberglass, no wood. Moved up from a 14 Livingston, then a 24 SeaRay weekender.

Impressions:

Straight shafts are much nicer for fishing.
    Fly bridge is awesome for traveling.
    Heat (diesel furnace) & running hot water are nice.
    Hull is a little flat at the stern & it get's a bit too wiggly in a large following sea compared to the Searay.
    Feel much safer with Diesel.
    Trolling speed is a little on the fast side at idle on a single engine. If you go with a big boat like this, make sure it either has trolling valves or that the transmissions can be fitted with trolling valves.

13. triplenickel

triplenickel Well-Known Member

14. Fishtofino

Fishtofino Well-Known Member

I own my dream boat and fish it 100 plus days a year

15. mikep

mikep Well-Known Member

I agree with you wildthing that boat is bad ass. 30+ pilothouse sportfishers are wicked. If I am ever able to get everything lined up to haul my hull home hopefully I can create this as I think it is pretty close to the ultimate west coast boat.

sport cabin.jpg

16. Sculpin

Sculpin Well-Known Member

I'll throw some alloy into the mix........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes it is outboard powered........triple 300 Suzzie's.

[​IMG]

This boat is BAD ASS!!!

Something like this is definitely my dream rig. Overnight tuna trips and range to go way the f*%# out there :p.

I really like the lines of the Baywelds. Great boats from our brothers up North :cool:.

http://bayweldboats.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2015
  17. Peahead

Peahead Well-Known Member

But John you are forgetting your own back yard ! One of my fav Alloys is manufactured a couple miles from your home !!! Coastal Craft !! ....if I was going to go Alloy and had $ to burn I'd go with this one below ( only I'd customize the stern deck area roof so it was cut short to keep back deck more open.

400_featured_por2t.jpg

If I went glass I'd go with the Ocean R. as mentioned earlier in thread .....this 33 is beautiful...

4941550_20150212112754787_1_LARGE.jpg

18. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

48 feet aluminum.JPG Ocean Sport Roamer - 30 foot.jpg

My choices for fiberglass would be ocean sport sea roamer..and if money was no object in aluminum I would look up international and check out Finland and other places.. Check out this aluminum boat..Absolute beast and total luxury loaded in http://www.kewatec.fi/boats/kewatec-1450-offshore/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
  19. ericl

ericl Active Member

Unless you want your dream boat to become a nightmare boat, I'd suggest you use google to check-out galvanic corrosion/electrolysis issue with AL in saltwater.. Once knew a Boeing structural Engineer who owned an AL river boat but said he would never use one in the salt. His issue was that while all the visible welds look great because they were made by the MFGR's best welders, he has doubts about the non-visible welds. Not that these issues can't be mitigated by proper choice of AL alloys & bottom coatings, but best to discover these issues before you buy.
    Got a friend who is a surveyor. According to Jay, the best boats for the open Pacific typically have deeper V hulls than the US Gulf/Atlantic coasts or the NW sheltered waters. About 20 years back i heard a story about a Bayliner of 25ft or so that received a delaminated forward deck while crossing Swiftsure bank.
    Bottom line - we all want to do slightly different things with our boat, thus we all have a different dream boat. Have fun, Eric

20. Sculpin

Sculpin Well-Known Member

Aluminum is absolutely fine in Saltwater. What about steel? Have you ever researched, on a world wide scale, how many alloy and steel vessels there are in the saltwater compared to fiberglass? Anyway, not going to get into it :p.

So what's your dream boat? Let's keep this thread on track :).