Your all time historic favotite spoon?

D

DHA

Many of you are familiar with my efforts to graduate and develop popular trolling spoons. My first effort was with the TKO, and my latest project being the CJ Special spoon made by Charlie Jones. What should my next project be???

DHA.

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal all time favorite spoon would be the older (heavier) no. 8 Canadian Wonder 50/50, silver brass or silver copper, bin real good to me over the years. .22's always ready for a seal if its in the water! lol

haha why do you hate it Kelly? my all time most productive spoon would be the American made 4.0 coyote in chartreuse-glow 50/50, only have a pair left in my box and impossible to find so I never fish them near bottom and always run 50# leader on them!

Is the Knight rider the metallic purple finish?

Demco its a long story that has many twists and turns. I think its so basic that its stupid, they were often used to out fish me ect ect. I once banned them from my boat but they were so good i tried to cheat and buy other brands in green/white. Finally i gave up and almost always run one green/white coyote when fishing ECVI.

Is the Knight rider the metallic purple finish?

Demco its a long story that has many twists and turns. I think its so basic that its stupid, they were often used to out fish me ect ect. I once banned them from my boat but they were so good i tried to cheat and buy other brands in green/white. Finally i gave up and almost always run one green/white coyote when fishing ECVI.

The Funky Chicken..I believe they don't make thoses ones anymore..use to be a good on, in early season outside of Polier pass... :)

I haven't used spoons a lot in recent years however, back in the day in Barkley Sound when I used to fish there a lot as a young fella with my Pa, there is no doubt our favourite was the Tom Mack Spoon. Sometimes half and half (brass silver) but mostly plain silver from 1 inch to 3 inch. You could fill your boat with fish everyday with these things.

For Coho on ECVI we used to use the Henry Smith spoon. It was a white plastic spoon with pink trim. DEADLY around Bowser, Deep Bay, Chrome Island.

The Tom Mack lives. Dug it out of the bottom of my box this last season and did not dissapoint.

You''ll love this one Holmes!!! #5 Tomic 158 Has spring written all over it. Took my biggest fish ECVI in 2010 and 2011.

Mine.... (the colour)

40-coyote-spoon-nickelneo.jpg

Don't matter if its a KK or a coyote...

These 2 did well last summer. Plus the pearl colour which caught a few Tyees before getting busted off.

Attachments

• retired 2011 1 (small).JPG
    retired 2011 1 (small).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 630
Green/white coyote is honestly the most versatile in my opinion although i hate it.

I gave that spoon a good try this summer and was pleased with the results.
Would never have tried it if Kelly didn't mention it. thanks bud.
Here is my all time favorite.

FavSpoon.jpg

Tomic Road Runner Cop Car has seen some love!! Lol. 8" Dazzler and 7" Wonder have all caght fish from Kyuquot to Kano.

002-1.jpg

Back