young thieves

So a couple young guys got caught stealing the other night. the owner of the car heard them went out and chased them off. the one dropped his phone. now the guy has the kids phone, good. the kid comes back, says hey I dropped my phone when I was here give it back. sure you can have it hold on while I call the cops and they can give it to you. sure says the kid they aint going to do anything I,m to young. WTF is wrong with kids today holy ****! where do they learn this stuff and why is it there is nothing we can do to punks like this anymore?

I blame it on lack of decent parenting.
That said, some kids will go sideways no matter what.

there is some truth to the first part of your statement, and I also have to agree with the second part of your reply rs craven. I've also seen where there is an awesome and lets say "less than awesome" child brought up in the same family pretty much the same way,same amount of love, with the same values, etc... everyone seems to want to blame the parents when I think sometimes you just have to blame the child and the decisions (wrong ones) that they seem to constantly want to make... I've seen good children come from bad families and bad ones come from good families. many seem to always want to blame someone else for their problems rather than look at and blame themselves and the decisions they make in life...

Last edited by a moderator:
1 I would have given phone to the cops for him to pick up
2 I would have smashed the phone
3 I would have tried to turn phone on and text a donation to a certain charity
4 Turn phone on and call India and leave it connected till battry was dead

I think I would have called a few of those pay by the minute chat lines on the kids phone and left the line open and then chucked his phone-I certainly wouldn't have given it back!!

So a couple young guys got caught stealing the other night. the owner of the car heard them went out and chased them off. the one dropped his phone. now the guy has the kids phone, good. the kid comes back, says hey I dropped my phone when I was here give it back. sure you can have it hold on while I call the cops and they can give it to you. sure says the kid they aint going to do anything I,m to young. WTF is wrong with kids today holy ****! where do they learn this stuff and why is it there is nothing we can do to punks like this anymore?

We were all young and totally stupid. Every kid follows there own path. I have seen the best parents and there kids turned out to follow that dark path... I also seen people with worst parents turn out totally successful.

You did right thing I wouldn't even have talked to him though.... From experience don't touch one of them.. Don't bother chasing nowadays takes one knife or weapon and its a sad story for yourself. You can be toughest guy and takes two of them to go stab you and run off.... I had one break into my sunroof on my car years ago in my 20's... I belted him with a bat on backside of leg quite the surprise for him ( the scream was satisfying BTW).... I spent a while down at station and was almost charged... The thief was given the most rights, and while RCMP were sympathetic they also didn't agree with the approach... So in the end I was more of a criminal.

The problem is nowadays stealing seems to be seen as just cool with some, and the laws are too relaxed..the newer generation is a lot more knowledgeable of what they can get away with which makes it worse...

Consider also how much more advanced it is now ..Two thieves simply text back and forth and watch for people while they take your stuff. Through media things can be exchanged through Google maps.... They can see your front door entrances etc. They can take a pic show it to there buddies and totally case your stuff out ahead of time.. The technology has really made these things worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back