Yes or no??

Jencourt

2014 Ford 6clndr echo boost heavy tow pac 11ooolbs capacity

Yes or No and why is what I am after here. believe I heard they are gas pigs wen ya get on highway and with boat behind. Is this true??

Thanks Ray

Ive hear good things about them. It would be my second choice after my new duramax. If I wasn't into diesel.

I don't know too much about the specifics of the Ecoboost half ton, so apologies if this hi-jacks the thread, but .......... Depends on the actual weight you are towing, not the trumped up claims (of all manufacturers) about how much they claim they can tow. Remember that the 11,000 lbs. they claim is equalizer weight distributed with tow bars. Tough to do (not impossible) on a boat trailer. I tow a 7,000 lb. striper and trailer with my one ton and would not consider towing at highway speeds and on mountain roads with less than a 3/4 ton. If you are moving it from house to ramp and its easy flat and a short distance, then no problem for a 1/2 ton and a bigger boat, but on the highway and at speed? Well that is a different story.

more than a few of my friends have bougth the eco-boost after doing a lot of research. They are all happy with the overall performance. And they like the fuel economy when empty. Not sure about the mileage when towing. I've got a duramax but if I was looking at a new truck I would consider the ecoboost (even though it's a ford :)).

What gas jobby doesn't like lots of fuel when towing? I have 3/4 ton Dodge Hemi, she doesn't exactly sip fuel at any time.... especially when towing close to capacity. I own a construction company and tow my cargo and dump trailers regularly. She eats gas when towing the dump box when its full! Diesel will always tow a little cheaper but maintenance costs go way up. The new Fords do look good though. I'm a fan of the all aluminum body as well!

Back