yamaha trim problem

Rum Buddies

working on a 1995 200hp 2-stroke yamaha and I have a problem with the dual trim pistons. Right now they are operating one at a time. One will raise fully, once its at the top the other will raise, same scenario going backwards. Tilt/trim system has been bleed and otherwise operates flawlessly.

Can't find any info regarding this, anybody seen this before?

There is nothing wrong with it. That's the way they work. Does the motor go up and down? if so leave it-I've had 2 big yammi's and they both go like that. My 225 has been doing that since 2003 and the 200 before that was the same. My 2 cents but I'm not a mechanic!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing wrong with it. That's the way they work. Does the motor go up and down? if so leave it-I've had 2 big yammi's and they both go like that. My 225 has been doing that since 2003 and the 200 before that was the same. My 2 cents but I'm not a mechanic!
I should add that with the weight of the motor or even pushing down hard with your hand on the moving piston then both will move. It only goes one at a time when there is no load on them. hope that helps.

I tend to agree with everything the above posters have mentioned. My trade involves hydraulics to a certain extent.

I think the first is your fine adjust for when up on plan, then when say your at a boat launch the second stage kicks in and a certain level for a fast trim up

thanks guys. I think you're right, this was in the drive way with no load but while in the water today everything seems to trim fine. I'll consider a non-issue.

Back