Yamaha trim cap stuck

Tightlines22

Help! I am trying to get the cap off my Yamaha 200 tilt tube as I need to replace the seals and o ring. Getting a few drops of fluid leaking every time I tilt it up.

I have the Yamaha tool with pins to fit the holes in the cap. Just can't seem to crack it off. It looks like the factory seal as it has the Yamaha paint on it so that may be why it's is being a !:"! to get off.

I have put penetrating oil on, ran a blade around edge to get oil in there and tapped it with a hammer as much as I can. And even put my paint gun on the cylinder to heat it up a bit. No go! Any suggestions?

Maybe soak it in salt away overnight. Mouse milk/Aerokroil/ACF50 are a few options. Heat for sure get it hot.

I ran into same issue. May be best to just take to shop and get fixed. Sucks to pay $150 to replace $20 in parts but Good to have it done.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to get it off by adding more heat from my heat gun and getting a pipe wrench on it very gingerly and turning it a crack. Then used the proper tool to finish removing it. Even bigger challenge is getting the plunger apart!

Back