Yamaha T8, 10 hour service

Klob

Can anyone tell me how important to get a new kicker serviced after 10 hour breakin and what is normally done.
Thanks Klob

well it is pretty important especially for a new motor but im sure you can let it slide for a few hours

well it is pretty important especially for a new motor but im sure you can let it slide for a few hours

Be prepared to be ripped off. All that is required is an oil change and the dealer charged me $250!!! Others have told me they have had the same experiences. If I was to do it again I would change the oil myself and have the dealer repair any problems under warranty ONLY. Anything wrong with the engine with only 20 hours should be covered.

Be prepared to be ripped off. All that is required is an oil change and the dealer charged me $250!!! Others have told me they have had the same experiences. If I was to do it again I would change the oil myself and have the dealer repair any problems under warranty ONLY. Anything wrong with the engine with only 20 hours should be covered.

1st service is really important - so I've been told. On a new motor, you'll find some metal particles settling at the bottom of your gear oil and engine oil.

I did my own 10 hour service on my Merc 9.9 in about 20 minutes with about $40 worth of supplies (gear oil, motor oil and gaskets) plus enough gear oil for the next service. Read your manual as it is really quite easy to do.

Considering I'm a non-mechanic, where do you come up with 1 hour of labour @ $95 / hour?

1st service is really important - so I've been told. On a new motor, you'll find some metal particles settling at the bottom of your gear oil and engine oil.

I did my own 10 hour service on my Merc 9.9 in about 20 minutes with about $40 worth of supplies (gear oil, motor oil and gaskets) plus enough gear oil for the next service. Read your manual as it is really quite easy to do.

Considering I'm a non-mechanic, where do you come up with 1 hour of labour @ $95 / hour?

I have a Yamaha 8 HP 4 stroke and it had timeing problems that I did not really notice but needed to be fixed after the first 10 hours.
S & G Power in Victoria did it and it cost nowhere near $250. Love the motor and it has been great since.

Back