Yamaha Kicker problems

S

saltybeaver

So I was just making sure the kicker ran fine after a float problem and it flooding all the time, I let it run for about 4 hours then it just stopped .......pulled out the spark plug no spark held onto the coil wire no shock .....Phoned the Yamaha dealer they have never sold one so he did not think it was that. Any ideas, Kill switch??
Chris

check your service manual for help bet there's a bit of info there.

The kill switch would be the first place to look for a short. Other then that you might have to pop off the flywheel and check the CDI system. do you have a manual?

I have a week spark .....dry it off fires up for 5 seconds then stalls, pull the plug dry it off it same thing then dies ....checked the kill switch spark does not change ....took the flyer wheel nut off but it looks like you need a key.... stator? I believe the cdi is the black box beside the coil so it looks like the cdi would be the easiest thing to replace. Any more sugestions would help

I replaced my CDI after many pre diagnostics. It would run like a top and then nothing, no power to the coils. Other times it would miss intermitently after running fine for hours. In the end it was the CDI, at about 280$ my cost through a buddy down at SG. Not often they go, but they do. Easy to change,three 8mm bolts, just mark wires unplug and repeat on install, no flywheel removal is required, Now i have a spare as well!

Back