Yamaha f300 DEC

getbent

Anybody have a newer 300 with the digital electronic controls?
Found a boat with a new 300, just curious how guys are liking there big Yamis.

Thanks,

Guy

Derby just dropped one on his Grady 232 Gulfstream and loves it, decent fuel burn and lots of power

The F300 V6 DEC is awesome, the slightly older F300 V8 was a fuel thirsty pig and Yamaha dropped it as an offering. Hope your new boat has the F300 V6.

Sobie2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah brand new 2015 power, pretty stoked, got a great trade in $ for my boat so looks like a done deal
Been looking long and hard and think I found the deal. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Cheers

OMG my new 300 DEC yamaha is fantastic, gonna take me a week to work out all the functions but what am awesome machine. The trolling function took it right down to 600 rpm for about 1.8 mph and the response and shifting is unreal.

Must say I am quite impressed.

The economy was stellar as well.
Very nice motor.

Getbent

Glad you like the new Yammi GB-please keep us informed good and bad if you would-that's the size I need to re-power the Orca and I'm fence sitting on brands

heres a cool site

has all the different major brand motors , clicck on the hp model , and watch the tachometer
show you the fuel burn at different rpm's !! that 300 only burns 40 ish liters an hour at 4000 rpm
way better than my twin 150 Evinrudes....

Suzuki 300 looks great on fuel at 4000 rpm , the best actually !!

http://www.boat-fuel-economy.com/evinrude-outboard-fuel-consumption-liters

Last edited by a moderator:
For what its worth.... I've got the 2012 4.2L 300 Yamaha on my Striper 2301.
Gives me about 30mph over ground (slack tide)at 3600 rpm burning about 9.6 gal per hr. with proper trim/2 people with gear and half fuel tanks.
Hole shot makes two strokes a thing of the past. I can't say enough good things about it. Ridiculous power.
Have seen the boat do 40 kts on glass water at 5000 rpm which was NOT redline.
Power when you want it and fuel economy when you need it.

I've run a 300 hp for the last three years. No problems. I've done the valve timing, plugs, impeller..... already. I do a lot of fishing and burning gas.

My burn rate at 30 mph in a 24 xlc Orca with 5 people is 17.5 - 18 US gallon per hr. Running it full out at 5300 rpms and at 41 mph it burns 28 gallons per hr
In regards to the gauge system they are great, I run the fuel consumption daily so I have a good understanding of what each trip costs are.

compared to the Yamaha 250 I had before the 300 gets about 2 gallon per hour better burn rate at the same mph.

Orcas do not get good mileage, they are heavy and the hull design is made for big water and the boat doesn't skip along the water surface. I was looking at buying a new Sea Sport and the found out the Sea Sport 24 burns is approx. 2 gallon less than the Orca at the same speed and this was due to the hull and weight.

Buy the extended warranty (5yr) it is cheap insurance. Anything goes wrong it is big $$$$$.

The hole shot power even for the 2601 is incredible. Just leaps up onto plane, and just so quiet.
Outstanding economy so far for my limited hours. What pitch of prop is everyone running?

Having one installed on my 2470 Pursuit right now!!! Couldnt handle the twin 2 strokes GPH any more. Cant Wait!

The 350's are breaking cranks quite often. They are also breaking the flywheel and harmonic balancing mechanism. I was told they still will run with the broken crank...not well but they run.

The 350's are breaking cranks quite often. They are also breaking the flywheel and harmonic balancing mechanism. I was told they still will run with the broken crank...not well but they run.

Yes i had heard that about those cranks as well. Bummer :(

Back