Yamaha F150 Balancer replacement

fishnwhenIcan

Hi Guys,

I've got a 2004 F150 with 480 hours on it and a fellow member happened to mention the infamous balancer issue in a pm that I wasn't previously aware of. It sounds like it's something I should replace. Done a little google reading but I seem to be coming across various part #s and such that others have used over the years. Not sure if maybe someone here has recent DIY experience with this and might know the current part # to order up and any pertinent install tricks that may help.

Thanks in advance,
Harry

Hey Harry I did both mine too, it's easy to do hardest was removing the balancer as I did my timing belts too
These things have been updated multiple times, give Andy a shout at SIM and make sure you get the latest updates, he's a great guy to deal with
Tim

Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

Hey Tim, thanks for bringing it to my attention in the first place! Would have hated to lose a motor for $500.00. I never dealt with them before, I just found and ordered it off their site. I think it should be the latest revision but I'll call Andy tomorrow to see. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
My motor is a 2014 I was wondering if they are the same engine as the one you are running. Is yours a 4 or 6 cylinder?

Should the timing belt be done at the same time?
t-belt gets done at 1000 hrs., I think the -04 is the latest revision, when I pulled mine they were mint which leads me to believe they were done by the previous owner as well.
lots of paranoia surrounding these things, but its the only fault they've ever really had,
I also had all my injectors flowed and cleaned while I had them out, sure smoothed out the idle,
its also a good time to clean out the VST tank and replace some of the internal filters, ask Andy about ordering those too

JAC I think this issues was for the earlier f150's up to somewhere around 2009 was the latest I heard of it happening to, your '14 should have no problem at all

Last edited by a moderator:
looks pretty strait forward

That does. This VST filter and tank, say what, sounds a little bit more involved but something that should be done every 300 hours or so On a quick read. I think I'll give Andy a call to see if he can still add the filter and the Yamaha shop manual to my order. Looks like I'm keeping this boat for a while. Seats and heater on my list. Should be nice.

Back