Yamaha 225hp four stroke

Revenge

2003 Yamaha four stroke 225hp, 25" shaft, counter-rotating motor, with stainless prop.
Approx 800 hours, comes with an excellent condition Yamaha 703 side console shifter and 21 ft control cables.
Can be seen running on stand.

Craig
604 219-1469
video of it running on stand , http://youtu.be/p1QQk5o9DsQ

no corrosion issues with this motor
$8800 obo

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a famous era of corrosion problemed engines. With no engine corrosion issues with this one, do you have the scope pictures taken up the leg with the lower end off to prove this ? Just wondering cause I got lots of spare parts.

cheers

No it is a known problem right from the first ones in 2002 all the way thru 2005 and may even affect some so called 2006 models depending on whether the fix was in and the exact date of manufacture. Some people have escaped and got big hours on them but you seldom hear about that-only the disasters. I have one with 672 hours-runs great but I'm saving my pennies and trying to find an outboard I could trust more than Yamaha. I don't want to reward yamaha for poor customer care and a shoddy product if I can find something better.

well thanks for all the support in helping to sell this motor lol The reason It says no issue is we had the heads off and there was little to no corrosion showing .Put new head gaskets on it and put it back together.From what I was told ,the corrosion problems where in the water passages around the pistons.(reason we removed the heads) and it didn't happen on all motors just the ones with the bad anodes.

If there is no corrosion, then that's one of the best engines of all time!

(Edit)

As in the Yam 225 is one of the best, I had one. I can see now in hindsight how this may have come out wrong, but I was intending it to be a positive plug.. My post should have read something lie:

So long as the engine does not appear to suffer from the corrosion issue that certain 225's develop, with those hours and that price, it's one of the best engines you can get.

Once again, I wasn't making a dig at this engine, just my bad Engrish....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2006 twin 150 's on my Grady, I am pushing 1300 hrs on each of them without a hiccup, never missed a beat. I would not think twice about buying another one, they are fantastic motors. That is a great price too with only 800 hrs, it's like brand new. Whoever buys it will be happy with it I'm sure.

Cheers,

I also have a 2005 250hp on my revenge and it has 2300+/- hrs and hasn't had a single problem ?yes 2300 !!

Wow, thanks amazing, looking forward to getting that kind of time out of mine. Just goes to show you how fantastic these engines are.

What year and footage is your Revenge...just wondering because there arent many out there......WildWest

Back