yamaha 100

Goathorns

I am looking at a boat with twin Yamaha 100's on it. year 2000.
I am wondering if they are a good model, or a lemon?
They are 4 stroke. on the side of them the tag says F100TXRY...67F..X702984
they don't show a lot of corrosion around the mounting bolts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure they only made the F100 for a few years, they dropped it as there was no need to produce a 90, 100 and a 115 hp model
My bro-in-law had a F100 (they are 4 stroke) and it was a good motor from what I remember.
I think chris73 (on this forum) has one on his boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the same motor. My buddy has it now, it threw a rod and it needed a new crank but he overhauled it completely. He found major corrosion around the water jacket/exhaust sleeve area.

yes I am looking at the silver streak. had another look this morning, and am concerned with the hull. Seems like a major corrosion case with pock marks all over the bottom!
also it is not a self bailing boat, everything goes to a 1100 gph Rule bilge pump.

Pot marks are not good. It was around a hot boat. Call Andy Barry @Silverstreak. He will let you know what's involved. Saw one there like that a couple years back.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, I do have a 2000 F100 as well. Great engine. No trouble whatsoever so far. I bought it from Forsch Marine and since they are Yammi experts and very honest folks I was not concerned all all once they gave the motor thumbs up. I talked to a few other F100 owners before I bought it and heard from all that this is a bullet proof engine and used in a lot of work camps for that reason. One thing to note is that it is carbed and not fuel injected so if the carbs need to be synced then it would be a bit of a job. So far 3 seasons for me with only oil and impeller changes.

And all parts are identical to the F90.

Friend has the F100 and has had no problems but SG said they where surprise he had no corrosion issues.. Obviously you want to have a good look at everything..

The yamaha carb motors like to be feed fresh fuel and to be used. Leaving old gas in them and especially with the ethanol can be a pain in the butt. That silver streak has been for sale for along time you might get it for a good price.

Back