X-Commercial Spoons?

High Time

Crew Member
I have a large number of x-commercial spoons in small to medium sizes,ie "Needlefish" by Luhr Jensen,"Diamond Lance" by Palco, Tom Mack,
Glendon Stewart etc. in sizes 5-6, some chrome,!/2 and 1/2,smooth,hammered finish, painted etc.Was wondering if folks are still using them with good results? I am considering tuning up some of them with prism/glow tape, eyes, UV, etc. Any thoughts?

I fished with those "needlefish" spoons one coho season and they outfished the usual sport gear by a big margin, probably because I was trolling 3-4kts. I don't think the commie spoons perform that well at slow speeds.

I have a large number of x-commercial spoons in small to medium sizes,ie "Needlefish" by Luhr Jensen,"Diamond Lance" by Palco, Tom Mack,
Glendon Stewart etc. in sizes 5-6, some chrome,!/2 and 1/2,smooth,hammered finish, painted etc.Was wondering if folks are still using them with good results? I am considering tuning up some of them with prism/glow tape, eyes, UV, etc. Any thoughts?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Use 'em as is.

That's good gear get 'em in the water.

Good advice about running them on the fast side you might also think about taking the swivel off the front it would improve the action a bit @ slower speed.

I like the idea of taping them up show the fish something they've never seen before.

Back