WTF !!!! Prawn Boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MILLERTIME

Out doing Hali with a buddy at my fav rock pile in Haro Strait today.
Thru the hook out in 120 ft of water and payed out 600 ft of line so were fishing in 180 ft.
Wind died right off and we're siting pretty when my bud says that prawn boat is coming straight at us.
I stood up and looked over and sure enough he's coming right at us couple hundred ft away.
I grabbed the binos got the name called him on ch 16 and asked what he was playing at twice.
No reply.
Now he's veering off and crosses our bow and Scotchman not 50 ft away.
I can clearly see the guy at the wheel and another sticks his head out from the back like he's hiding.
By my calcs our anchor line was only 10 ft below the water when he crossed it.
I don't know what the draft is on a 50 ft steel prawn boat but both my buddy and I were holding on to the rails as he went over our line.

Will be watching for the fuc*er at fisherman's wharf and a bud at Trotac will call if he shows up there.

What, was he busy rolling a big fatty? Or just being a d--k head. You got the vessel name??

I had a damn longliner pull that **** on me last year... He came from behind us as we were 50 to 80 feet off the pender bluffs and went right over my gear and squeezed between me and the bluff. He came from about a mile out and I seen what he was up to long in advance so I maintained my exact course so he could easily come by me in front or back by 100 feet. The guy had the nerve to yell that I have to move out of his way!!!! Even though he was approaching from behind.

I took a picture of him when he was 15 feet behind my engine.

The DFO Licence listing says that boat/licence is owned by NANOOSE BAY FISHING LTD. Licence#W 203 2011 Maybe look up the jackass and drop a present off on his boat. He always drives like an idiot. I think he enjoys trying to swamp boats actually. He's not happy unless he is well within 100ft at 40+mph when you are the only two boats around, preferrably near the tide rips by Trial Island. Always great in my 16ft when trolling and having to do a quick 90degree turn to avoid getting slammed by his wake.

He likely learned how to run his boat by running one of those damn prince of whales jet boats.

He likely learned how to run his boat by running one of those damn prince of whales jet boats.

Prince of Whales doesn't run jet boats. They have zodiacs and two larger diesel powered boats with prop outdrives. Most of the companies take bad behavior on the water pretty seriously. Get the time , location , type of boat and phone the company and if you don't get any satisfaction phone Transport Canada.

In the past the whale boats were major offenders , but most of the yahoos have been weeded out. I have been swamped at anchor twice this year by recreational fisherman coming too close at speed. My general rule is if I can throw something and hit you , you are too close.

beemer

I have the formula for home made C-4 equivalent if anyone wants it. Just PM me.

Don't you mean also the Idot whale watcher in the Lrg. Allum. colored W/W boat with the tinted windows that shoots a rooster tail a mile high, dick wad takes pride in Rockn & rolln ya!
Thinking maybe a nightly recon & some pennies on his deck would do the trick.

The next prawn boat (or other commercially registered vessel) that does this to me off of Nanaimo will find that I have taped the incident and I will be sending a formal complaint along with the video to TC and CCG. My new fancy phone takes video so it is with me all the time and I am done fed up with having to alter course when I am in the right or watching them intentionally steer towards me.

Don't you mean also the Idot whale watcher in the Lrg. Allum. colored W/W boat with the tinted windows that shoots a rooster tail a mile high, dick wad takes pride in Rockn & rolln ya!
Thinking maybe a nightly recon & some pennies on his deck would do the trick.

That is Orca Spirit.

That is Orca Spirit.

Thanx beemer Orca Spirt it is! Ran into him one time @ Esq. Anglers ramp had the scow on a trailer most likely doing a repair thought of tearing a strip off him but cooler heads prevailed.

Hummmm-- just do what I did when a large tin guide boat tried to run me out of "his" area... Let people know what kind of idiot he is , take pics and send to Transport Canada. I was told that it takes more than one bad act before they act, but they will if there are more complaints. I now carry my camera all the time .

Millertime: talked to a buddy last night the same **** show (Justin Time 3) last year they dropped a couple of prawn traps & the same guy did donuts around them then drops his commy string right on top of his sinking the works poof gone 250 bucks.
WTF someone needs to teach this Moroon a lesson.
A few idiot commies give the rest a bad name.

Prince of Whales doesn't run jet boats. They have zodiacs and two larger diesel powered boats with prop outdrives. Most of the companies take bad behavior on the water pretty seriously. Get the time , location , type of boat and phone the company and if you don't get any satisfaction phone Transport Canada.

In the past the whale boats were major offenders , but most of the yahoos have been weeded out. I have been swamped at anchor twice this year by recreational fisherman coming too close at speed. My general rule is if I can throw something and hit you , you are too close.

beemer
Does this outfit run boats in Prince Rupert? If they do I have a bone to pic with them!

The next time you see him coming run up to your ball and attached a break away piece of floating line that will foul his prop when he runs over it.

The prikk that has a big yellow catamaran with arneson drives acts like he owns the water around Prince Rupert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back