wtf is going on with the postings??

bigbruce

Crew Member
What's going on with the posting order??? Have to go in and change the thread order every time I try to access a forum.
It keeps reverting to sorting by "thread title" in "ascending order". I keep resetting to "last post" in "descending order" but it doesn't stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
6886531027_dc1ccd9d9b_z.jpg

I don't know what you Guys are talking about it looks exactly the same as it always has @ this end.

Hi Guys ... I'm not seeing any changes either. We enabled HTML in threads yesterday, but that didn't affect the thread sorting order. Is anyone else having this issue?

There is a way to adjust this in your user settings. Click on SETTINGS in the top right, then under MY SETTINGS -> GENERAL SETTINGS -> THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS ... you can change the Thread Display Mode. By default, it should be set to "Linear - Oldest First." Let me know if this fixes it.

Thanks,
Chris

When I open this Forum, posts are organized by "thread title" in "ascending order". This means that threads appear in alphabetical order (according to the first word in the title) and there is no chronological order to the posting dates. I have to scroll down to the "thread options" section and change the thread order to "last post time" and "descending order" so that I can actually see the last post posted as well as the order of threads in chronological order from the time of the last post.
Each time I leave this, and a couple of other forums, and come back, I have to again change the thread options. Interestingly, it is not happening in the Saltwater Fishing Forum - which continues to be ordered by "last post time" in "descending order" but it is with all of the other Forums.
It appears that at least a few others are having the same problem.

The salt and fresh sections seem fine. The other sections show alphabetically over here regardless of date

Hi Guys ... I'm not seeing any changes either. We enabled HTML in threads yesterday, but that didn't affect the thread sorting order. Is anyone else having this issue?

There is a way to adjust this in your user settings. Click on SETTINGS in the top right, then under MY SETTINGS -> GENERAL SETTINGS -> THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS ... you can change the Thread Display Mode. By default, it should be set to "Linear - Oldest First." Let me know if this fixes it.

Thanks,
Chris

Tried that, Chris. The problem appears to be in the "thread display options" section within each Forum. Each time I enter one of the affected Forums I have to change it to "last post time" and "descending order". When I leave the Forum, it the thread order reverts back to "thread title" and "ascending order".

The salt and fresh sections seem fine. The other sections show alphabetically over here regardless of date

Same thing on my end. It is listing the threads alphabetically in all forums except the salt and fresh. If you go up to the title button all you can do is change it from starting in A or starting in Z. The other two sections do not have the little arrow on the title button. I hope it's and easy fix.

Ya.....now I see it too. First thread in the "General" forum is from 2009.....and goes chronologically forward from there.

As others have said fresh and salt are okay but others are screwy.

Hey Chris.....just changed the "display" options but just so you know that is for how the posts appear WITHIN the thread and not how they appear in the forum. When you click on the "General" forum you see the threads listed in alphabetical order, changing the setting for "oldest first" or "newest first" doesn't make a difference on that side of things from what I can tell. As I just changed it and looked at this thread itself again and the original post was the very last one as opposed to having the "original" post the first one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I've reset each forum to the defaults and double-checked the order of each. All looks good. We shouldn't have to change our individual settings, unless we want something different from the default, which is "last post time" in "descending" order.

If you're still noticing the wrong display order, refresh your browser or clear your browser's cache. Let me know if this is still happening and I'll dig into this further.

Thanks,
Chris

musta been the implanted sophiab worm.

Things were screwy for me yesterday evening on everything but the salt and fresh sections,as mentioned,but have
returned to normal now. Thanks for your efforts mods!

Back