WTB: Square Style Prawn Traps

Peterman

Hi guys, I was looking to buy a some of the square style prawn traps.. with the sloped openings.. Possibly 8 or more.. I know a few guys make them on the Island ... I was hoping to get a good price if I bought few. I know some of my buddies will take some as well.... Does anyone know where to buy them direct ?? or where the best priced ones are located....
Thanks...

Sounds like your looking for the Bauer traps made in Sidney. I got mine from wise buys, they didn't have enough in stock so had to wait a few days however.

Cheers,
Gnb

you will be forking out some big dough for Bauer traps in 24 inch, i bought one this year on sale for 99.99, i think if you want that many you are better off to buy the supplies in Nanaimo from the place that sells there stuff to Bauer, i think they are called Aqua-Pacific, if you want that many prawn traps you are far better off to build them yourself lots of forum member are doing it http://www.aquapacificwire.com/

Yeah I dropped the ball when Slegg had them, but they seem to be around $75-100.. I was hoping there was a local guy making them for 50 isn... Its alot of dough if a string goes missing...

Yeah I dropped the ball when Slegg had them, but they seem to be around $75-100.. I was hoping there was a local guy making them for 50 isn... Its alot of dough if a string goes missing...

Slegg in Courtenay had them last week - $69.95 if I recall correctly.

Nice... thats about the same as I paid at Ladner traps for their nicest round ones... $60 a piece a few years ago...
Thats decent...

Now i wonder if those are actually Bauer Traps? or a Vancouver Island version? any ideas?

Now i wonder if those are actually Bauer Traps? or a Vancouver Island version? any ideas?
Bauer traps are made in Sidney, Vancouver Island! Check the tunnel, the imitations are plastic mesh as opposed to metal, aquamesh.

Yeah, I know where Sidney is..lol... Should of said Mid-North Island guys making them...

If you want Bauer traps I believe Bruno can still be contacted via his Aqua tackle site.

Back