Sharphooks

Looking to either buy with cash or trade against:

G. LOOMIS GL3 1445C 12 foot, 12 - 17 lb test rating----

Potential trading stock:

Brand New Shimano Curado 300E?
Sage One Fly Rod ----- No. 6 line ?
Hardy Super Silex 3 1/2". ?
Sage 4120 ?

Pm if you've got one of the long GL3 rods.

Thanks

Last edited:
Looking to either buy with cash or trade against:

G. LOOMIS GL3 1445C 12 foot, 12 - 17 lb test rating----

Potential trading stock:

Brand New Shimano Curado 300E?
Sage One Fly Rod ----- No. 6 line ?
Hardy Super Silex 3 1/2". ?
Sage 4112 ?

Pm if you've got one of the long GL3 rods.

Thanks
Great rods I have one but won't sell but edge rods aka Gary loomis and north fork composites has 50% off right now they have a 1235 that I'm going to look at it 12'3" 5 power what are you using it for steelhead or ocean

I used it for rivers, mainly steel. I kept the Sage 4120 as my salmon rod so I wouldn't break the GL3 on a big fish. Last week I forgot my golden rule, left the 4120 at home and broke the GL3 on a salmon. I'll look in to the Edge rods---heard about them but never held one in my hand. Thanks for the heads up on the sale

I used it for rivers, mainly steel. I kept the Sage 4120 as my salmon rod so I wouldn't break the GL3 on a big fish. Last week I forgot my golden rule, left the 4120 at home and broke the GL3 on a salmon. I'll look in to the Edge rods---heard about them but never held one in my hand. Thanks for the heads up on the sale
That rod has a lifetime warranty might cost
I used it for rivers, mainly steel. I kept the Sage 4120 as my salmon rod so I wouldn't break the GL3 on a big fish. Last week I forgot my golden rule, left the 4120 at home and broke the GL3 on a salmon. I'll look in to the Edge rods---heard about them

Hi Sharphooks,

I do have a gl3 12 1445c footer that’s been sitting around in the closet the last 10 years or more. It was my Thompson rod until I got the 11’3 gl3. I love the 11’3. The 12 footer have mostly been used in the T for about 10 trips or so then it became my backup rod. Haven’t been to the T for last 6 or 7 years or more now.

I would considered a trade for the super but I think you are short changed yourself there though. What Ian said is correct with lifetime warranty with loomis. If you would still like to go the trade route, send me a PM?

226D0B3A-0036-4E16-8E3E-EC740E76ED6D.jpeg
C9D91915-5100-4B48-B83C-B0E0F07C62EE.jpeg

I returned the broken rod to Loomis---you guys probably know they discontinued the GL3 -----they sent me the SAMR 1474C (12'3") ---designed for mooching though I'm sure it would make a good river rod. Just a bit too much rod for the rivers I fish

I had no idea that they discontinued the GL3 line. 1263c in 10'5 is my favorite rod of all time. That's too bad. Only the glx is lighter and faster but not as hardy as the GL3. Looks like I have to start looking for some more 1263s or 11'3 ones. lol..

You
I had no idea that they discontinued the GL3 line. 1263c in 10'5 is my favorite rod of all time. That's too bad. Only the glx is lighter and faster but not as hardy as the GL3. Looks like I have to start looking for some more 1263s or 11'3 ones. lol..
may be able to upgrade to a imx for a price best rod they make now

Back