WTB: 28-30ft Express Cruiser/Fisher

TenMile

Hey guys,

Trying to find some ideas for a potential new boat. Looking around for something that will better fit our dual fishing/cruising requirements.

Want to find something in the 28-30' range with a 10' beam. Looking for a full galley, head/shower that can sleep 4 (in berths, not on a dinette). Pilothouse style is our preference with the galley up top. Needs to have a large deck for fishing with plenty of room to sit when not fishing.

Don't want wood, fiberglass only as I don't want to be refinishing it every year. Preference is for a single engine (I/O) or dual OBs -- if it's an I/O, looking for diesel only. If I can find an excellent hull-only, I don't mind a re-power project either but I don't want to be rebuilding a hull either.

Price has to be less than $40K with good working engines, or less than $15k for a re-power.

Let me know if you see anything out there worth looking at.

TenMile
<'((((><

For some reason, I can't Edit my own post here.

Also meant to mention that we don't like to "cruise" at 8kts :) Want something that can attain a comfortable cruise at 25kts and max out in the 30+ range.

TenMile
<'((((><

This is a pretty easy one if I were looking...
Mid 90"s Grady white Marlin with twin 4 strokes if you can find it.
Same for a Pursuit and the Pursuit might even come with twin diesels if you go one size larger.
Pursuit also has a few more bells and whistles out of the factory from what I remember.
The only clincher is your pilothouse wish....that might be a tough one to find in that price range from what I can see if you want a decent grade of hull.
Your price range is doable out of the States if your willing to look and are serious on jumping on it when the time comes.

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

http://ca.video.yahoo.com/watch/4726988?fr=yvmtf

I really like the Bayliner 246 nice alround boat and not super pricey,

JAC

hewesonthefraser.jpg

I found a couple like this one:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...rrency=USD&access=Public&listing_id=1826&url=

Pretty close to what I'm looking for -- but that vintage of diesel is based on a 7.4L block, pretty rare and apparently suffers from Turbo and Exhaust issues.

There are also a couple of beauty Bertram 28's around but they are beasts at 12,000lbs displacement [:0] and generally require dual engines -- I do love the lines of that hull, but not wild about the thoughts of having to repower one of those with dual engines.

TenMile
<'((((><

I ran across some interesting boats a couple of weeks ago that might work for you. They were ex us navy patrol boats, they looked to be about 30 ft or so with twin volvo diesels and duoprops. lots of deck space but they removed the machine guns, so no seal hunting... The boats are aluminum but look as tough as nails. If your interested let me know and I'll dig up his address. He is located not too far from Horne lake

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

Can i get a good deal on a Striper at this point Terry ??

:D:D

Neighbourhood discount would apply Scott! Of course, you'll need to upgrade that Toyota first as the Striper would haul the truck rather than the other way round!!!

TenMile
<'((((><

What about a Commander? They have a 26' and a 30' model. The 30' has a couch that folds into a really comfy bed, a V-berth and a dinette that folds down. The 26' has a 10' beam, and the 30' is a lot wider at 12'. These are heavy boats, because they have very well built hulls. As you can see, I am a fan. My family has had a 26' and 2 30 footers. Always used as fishers first, but with a fair bit of cruising too- once spent a week with 6 people on board without any troubles. The only disadvantages, and they are not insignificant, are the price of fuel and the fact that they aren't really trailerable -at least not with my truck.

Also, built in Richmond and still being built. Here's one in your price range: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...g=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=canmar&&ywo=canmar&

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

Nice looking machine, but that speed thing is a high priority ;)

One boat I found that looks interesting is a Bayliner 288.

Here are some pics of it: http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&s...liner+288&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
[^]

Anyone know much about these boats?

TenMile
<'((((><

that's the same model as the one I posted...just newer version. Seem to be nice boats and well laid out if you don't mind the name down the side.

Not sure about hitting 25kts but UniFlite's may suit your needs; worth taking a look at.

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

Some great boats there -- thanks for all the links guys - a few of these I've seen, but a few are new. Love that Zeta and I like the Commanders too -- one I may go see.

Bayliner still gets a pretty bad rap eh? I read that they have made some pretty big quality control strides since the early 1990s and that things are much improved. Resale seems to still reflect a bad period of time when Brunswick was building pool tables, bowling balls and boats... from what I can tell, and given the large number of Bayliners still floating, they seem to be ok... thoughts?

quote:Originally posted by Degree of Freedom

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

Nice looking machine, but that speed thing is a high priority ;)

One boat I found that looks interesting is a Bayliner 288.

Here are some pics of it: http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&s...liner+288&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
[^]

Anyone know much about these boats?

TenMile
<'((((><

that's the same model as the one I posted...just newer version. Seem to be nice boats and well laid out if you don't mind the name down the side.

TenMile
<'((((><

Back