WOW!! TooToo resigns!

Makes sense-not much left to screw up on the right coast-only thing left to destroy is the left coast. Wonder what this will do??

I can only imagine the hurt and pain that have forced him to resign. For an Inuit to overcome obstacles to reach such high office and then have to walk away from it all because of the demons within... addiction is an awful thing.

I can only imagine the hurt and pain that have forced him to resign. For an Inuit to overcome obstacles to reach such high office and then have to walk away from it all because of the demons within... addiction is an awful thing.
Can't help but think that taking on the Fisheries portfolio prob didn't help. Any reasonably sensitive and intelligent person would have trouble reconciling how FU it is. Alcohol might have been one answer here...

What if the addiction is gamling, with our future. too sociopath a working agreement for all.

No sympathy here. Addiction is a weakness and people in the positions of power in the federal government need to act appropriately. Just because you were a career politician in lovely Nowhervut doesn't qualify you as federal fisheries minister sorry Justine you picked a loser. Knowing Nunavut politics and the policies against non-Inuit this would have been a mess for most of us fisher folk a big one.

No sympathy here. Addiction is a weakness and people in the positions of power in the federal government need to act appropriately. Just because you were a career politician in lovely Nowhervut doesn't qualify you as federal fisheries minister sorry Justine you picked a loser. Knowing Nunavut politics and the policies against non-Inuit this would have been a mess for most of us fisher folk a big one.

Addiction is a weakness, being gay is a choice, all Muslims are terrorists.... :rolleyes: I'm sure Trump would welcome your endorsement! Smh

Being sympathetic/compassionate over a person's addiction issues is *NOT* the same thing as not demanding accountability KV!. I would argue that by publically acknowledging his addictions and subsequently resigning to deal with those - is demonstrating accountability. Just because one is a loud-mouth arrogant rich man - doesn't mean that person is a good leader, neither.

Actually I believe in Trumps policies however radical they may seem. In fact if what I think is going to happen to Canada in the next decade actually will I will move to the States. The type of spineless weakminded "sunny ways" politics that are to come is gross and undermines values that a lot of the "silent majority" have. To each his own I guess

Actually I believe in Trumps policies however radical they may seem. In fact if what I think is going to happen to Canada in the next decade actually will I will move to the States. The type of spineless weakminded "sunny ways" politics that are to come is gross and undermines values that a lot of the "silent majority" have. To each his own I guess
I never doubted for a second you wouldn't, I was not being facetious with my comment. Heres to hoping Trump holds off building the wall until after you make your move down south ;) I'd say leaving your country rather then fighting/voting for change to these "sunny ways" politics shows more weakness then addiction ever could

I agree that honesty has been lacking in politics for some time now. I appreciate that Trump is bringing debate on issues that have not received any attention for some time - like the destruction of what used to be a "middle class" by the "elites" (AKA rich MFs that lie to get their way by paying no taxes).

However, it is quite another stretch to suddenly believe that Trump will be the messiah once he elected. Playing one group of disenfranchised, undereducated and volatile people off on another is the way all great dictators (Hitler, etc.) have gotten elected.

The messaging that somehow since Trump is an ignorant loudmouth - he is also a good leader - defies all logic. He is a successful businessman because of his slum-lord father that left him millions. Getting rich is no qualification for leadership. Leadership is no qualification for being fiscally-responsible, neither. many politicians are terrible with money - many so-called "business people" (like the Trumps) got rich by screwing everyone else over.

Governance is also not the same as running a business. The business model is not a form of governance - nor is it why we are here and present on this planet. Projecting fear into people in order to manipulate them is not appropriate leadership neither - although it has been the way most dictators have come to power. Dictators are there for their own benefit - not yours and mine.

So will we be seeing you stand for election sometime soon? Are you willing to work to effect change from within, or just another outsider mad as hell but not doing anything about it? There's only two valid ways to handle something you don't like: accept it, or do something constructive about it. Anything else is just whining.

Wow a lawyer fisheries minister with family connections.

"Leblanc is the MP for the riding of Beauséjour in New Brunswick. His father, Romeo Leblanc, served two stints as fisheries minister in cabinets headed by former prime minister Pierre Trudeau."

Back