worms

dohboy

Ok here is the debate that came up, girlfriend wont eat any fish with worms in it says fish is no good, so what is the truth, short of picking out all the worms before she gets to see it, aggghhh

Well tell her not to eat beef,pork and chicken too and veggies as those all have worms and parasites on them cooking kills it all thats why we cook foods.

wolf

how common are they , i have only ever caught a couple fish with em, mostly bottom fish, i hear the bigger the fish the more likely to have visible worms

haa, funny, if you watch some of the other ones that the camera stays on for whole time no worms with the coke, not saying pork doesnt contain worms or parasites

All fish have worms in them.
Several of the previous posters are correct in their opinions on the cooking killing them.
When I was a teen and fishing around Cowichan Bay , Mill Bay area I ran into a Japanese gentleman who had been removed during WW 2 and had returned to the area and he loved to fish.
I was busy cleaning my catch when he came up and said " if you wrap the bottom fish in plastic or oil cloth and put them in root cellar or fridge overnight the worms will go to the intestines as the temperature drops , then all you have to do is fillet them and the meat is worm free"
I have done this for years and cannot recall ever finding worms in any bottom fish I have eaten.

Cheers

AL

Back