WORK CHANNEL

S

SUDS

Anyone been on the work channel road this year - if so how is it?

Thanks, I was wondering if anyone had been on it this year. We want som halibut so maybe we will have to go to Rupert. Last weekend comming back from Kitimat we took the cranberry connector. The flagger told us it didn't look good for l6 opening till the following day but it opened an hour after we turned around. Such is life in the north. Ha Ha

I was in Prince Rupert two weeks ago. When I heard the road was open, I went through there at no problem. I fished at Queen Charlottes Island, limited on halibut. good eating fish. Plenty of
snow on Skeena mountains that I saw.

We went up on Saturday and after we went through there was a slide in the same place as the one where the two people were killed. The road was closed Saturday night and till around noon on Sunday. Hope to get to either the work channel or Rupert next weekend.

Salmon was real slow at Indian Head. No boats in trail bay fishing ,not even any guide boats. Talked to a guy in Rupert and said Humpback Bay was really producing. Took a 70#hali by Lucy Island. Rupert seemed to be alot better!

Same thing last year with me Indian Head rock - caught nothing - seen nothing caught - June 25 time, Kitimat - same thing, End of June went back & fished out of Rupert & did very well with Springs & Coho, small hallis.

Snapper how is the floating debris from the skeena after the flood - Heading out July 1 - 5 th.

Thanks for the info.

My son picks where we go(I call him my personal guide) and he has a halibut spot outside the mouth of the work channel he wants to go. We were in Kitimat last weekend. Talking to some people there and the fishing was real good on Friday but of course we didn't get there till Saturday. I got two springs a 22 and a 32 and lost one. Sunday the weather was nasty so we didn't fish.
Going by the success we have had at this time of year out of the work channel it seems like the place to go if the road is passable.
I don't think there are that many charters that fish that area except Dolphin or at least I haven't seen many others.

going to work channel on sat 30/07, will advise of road conditions and fishing. highway 16 is open 24/7 with possible 20 minute delay. usually work channel is quiet until second week of august for halibut.

watch for red tide for shell fish, it can be bad at times.

good fishing to all.....i live in Terrace B.C.

Whiteheather.

Back