Wooldridge 23' Super Sport Offshore PH "Boat Build"

I'm guessing that wooldridge gave you the quote for $700? I would get a quote from another company in that area that does that, I though the rate was $10 a foot? Also for $700 you could have a custom bra made for the boat and maybe the windshield for that price. Make sure you have good mudflats or a rock tamer like system. There is also thinks you can put on your trailer called bow buddy to protect from rock chips.

yeah I think it was even more, but they don't do it at wooldridge they just have a independent company do it for them, from what I understand. Definitely is pricey and I don't want to spend that much for a 1 time thing. However it is pretty well done and it has a zipper in the back so you can get access into the boat so they can take a look at the boarder and what not. Ill have to start researching everything.

Finally got a chance to check out this thread-quite the machine- Thanks for posting!

When do we leave?

Your Friend.....(!)

Boat looks awesome dude:cool:. Congrat's big time on a nice TOUGH aluminum vessel that is fuel efficient and will serve you well for many more years than a chlorox bottle type hull. Pass it down to your kid's and grand kid's. All they have to do is re-power once in a while. Can't wait to see the finished product:).

Boat looks awesome dude:cool:. Congrat's big time on a nice TOUGH aluminum vessel that is fuel efficient and will serve you well for many more years than a chlorox bottle type hull. Pass it down to your kid's and grand kid's. All they have to do is re-power once in a while. Can't wait to see the finished product:).

Thanks Sculpin,

Cheers

Boat Today! Can't wait.

Attachments

• beauty boat pic.JPG
    beauty boat pic.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 2012.10.19 013.JPG
    2012.10.19 013.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 555
  • 2012.10.19 014.jpg
    2012.10.19 014.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 558
  • 2012.10.19 012.jpg
    2012.10.19 012.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 555
I enjoy perusing all the builds going on, really nice packages.

Boat is looking great!!!!

boat looks small in that pic until you look at the size of the guy working inside...

One question - do you have a plan for an anchor? Is it suspended on the bottom with access to the locker as seen in the pic?

I love the design of aluminum boats, and really wanted to do this some time ago but ended up in another industry. I remember when I got out of engineering school I wanted to design these in solid works 3D CAD software which I use frequently. I quickly found out when talking to some local fabricators and they mostly build on patterns and some basic auto cad/sketches. I still would like to see and entire boat designed using 3D software start to finish and made. I know Titan in Sydney was starting to doing this.....

Thanks for sharing this the design of the boats looks awesome.

Most designers and builders are using 3D software now like Multisurf from this company http://www.aerohydro.com/products.htm#Marine and others. There are a few around that still loft and use patterns but most boats are designed in 3D and cut out on high definition plasma or CNC router. The parts are all etched or stamped and they go together like nothing with very tight tolerences. Very efficient and cuts down alot of labour time.

Last edited by a moderator:
boat looks small in that pic until you look at the size of the guy working inside...

One question - do you have a plan for an anchor? Is it suspended on the bottom with access to the locker as seen in the pic?

Hey Steel dreamin,

The anchor is just mounted to the pull pit. the locker is only for chain and rope. Its a Bruce style anchor so it will curl around the front of the pull pit nicely and be mounted securely in place. there will be fold up ladder that comes down for easy access on shore underneath the pull pit where that red flag is, Ill post a pick if I can find one.

Is that what you were asking about the anchor?

Picture of the ladder and the anchor mount.

Attachments

• 11_25_1331932028.jpg
    11_25_1331932028.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 596
  • 11_23_1_1256403867.jpg
    11_23_1_1256403867.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 595
Back